Double tap 2nd shot low

J1132, We have all been through this. It is hard to believe that a round could go so astray from seemingly close distances. Well I am one here to admit my share of castration wounds LOL. Do as others have suggested and continue to practice, speed will come. The further the distance the more time, although microseconds, is needed to get good hits. Watch the best pro shooters in the world and even they use more time at distance. Here is Todd Jarretthttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4584332856867071363

Getting better

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!

I've burned about 1000 rounds now over a couple trips to the range practicing. My double taps are pretty consistently within 4", about half the time 2". I started by slowing down, which allowed for a flash 2nd sight picture, that helped. I sped up for a 'true' double tap and found that I had been jerking the gun down to try and compensate for the recoil to quickly (with weak hand). Once I relaxed and just pulled two shots off as fat as I could, the groups tightened up alot. I also noticed how much my weak hand affects the second shot--it will pull it left or down, push it up or right, depending on where I'm putting the pressure on my strong hand. So I've been practicing alot trying to get the right grip into 'muscle memory'.

I worked on the mozambique drill for a bit and then got scolded by the range officer. Apparently ddouble taps are OK but mozambiqueing (3 shots) is considered rapid fire and a no-no there:barf: . Any suggestions on to convince them otherwise?
Thanks again!
-Zeke

Go to a different range LOL. I once befriended the manager of a local range and he allowed me to shoot however I wanted as long as the range was empty. He didn't want the yahoo's that couldn't shoot straight destroying his range thinking they could rapid fire because of me.

j1132s and zeroskillz

Good job for both of you... :)

To stabilize your weapon push forward with your trigger hand and pull back with your support hand

Now start putting two in the upper "9" on your target...
And then one in the eyeline.

Good shooting to both of you... ;)

Back