Double feed FTE

they immediately emailed a shipping label. So, I have to decide if I'm going to try out some different ammo or just send it in
Nanney, Mail it to S&W...you'll get back a tuned, almost custom pistol, it's well worth the wait. And...buy quality ammo...aluminum cased stuff is not IMHO. Rod

Nanney, Mail it to S&W...you'll get back a tuned, almost custom pistol, it's well worth the wait. And...buy quality ammo...aluminum cased stuff is not IMHO. Rod
Sent it in on Tuesday. Give me an idea on how the pistol will be tuned and almost custom? I've never sent anything back to S&W so I'm not familiar with what they'll do?

S&W will usually do a little buff and polish on the internals, replaces some springs, and sometimes give you a free magazine.

Well the 2.0's already have a pretty good trigger compared to the first gen's, if you had a trigger guage to compare, maybe?

I've sent a half dozen pistols to S&W. They were always fixed, but I never felt they polished or tuned anything. They will replace springs and bring the pistol back to factory spec.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Siggy-06: said:
S&W will usually do a little buff and polish on the internals, replaces some springs, and sometimes give you a free magazine.

I think S&W’s factory warranty repairs these days are mainly to M&P line guns and those are possibly just quick part replacements. Considering the high cost of their direct labor for repairs you might not get a lot of extras on a warranty repair these days like a buff & polish, etc.

I think S&W’s factory warranty repairs these days are mainly to M&P line guns and those are possibly just quick part replacements. Considering the high cost of their direct labor for repairs you might not get a lot of extras on a warranty repair these days like a buff & polish, etc.
These are my thoughts as well. In my experience their customer service is pretty busy. I've sent in mostly M&Ps, but a 1911sc as well. Each time the turnaround was a month and I got back a functioning firearm so I don't have any complaints. I don't know that the time is there to do something extra.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just talked with S&W customer service. I was told that the pistol went to the gunsmith shop last week and that the extractor had been replaced.

I think the Win NATO factory ammo is possibly better

Quality control on the Mil-Spec ammo is much much higher due to the fact it is Mil-Spec.

It not only has to pass quality control in the manufacturing process but it must meet performance standards per lot.

The civilian organisations C.I.P. and SAAMI use less comprehensive test procedures than NATO, but NATO test centres have the advantage that only a few chamberings are in military use. The C.I.P. and SAAMI proof houses must be capable of testing hundreds of different chamberings requiring lots of different test barrels, etc..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_EPVAT_testing

Due to the differences in pressure measurements, the NATO ammunition tends to be hotter and higher pressure than it civilian counterpart.

Back