Does Massachusetts Allow...

SPUSCG

non resident carry permits? i know the people's commonwealth is not well known for gun friendly people, but i have family there i visit

Depends on the gun, they'd probably let you carry one of these

658948819_1235db0f05.jpg

non resident carry permits?

Yes, contact the State Police to get the paper work. Its $100 for a one year permit. I heard it is pretty difficult to get since they don't issue them just to anyone. You need to have a very good reason to be issued a license. Really do you want the headache having a gun in Mass.

The above post is true for resident permits depending on the city/town. Though, for non-resident permits it’s practically “shall issue”. Residents are at the mercy of police chiefs. The only issuing authority for non-residents is the state police and as long as you have a permit in your home state and fill out the paperwork properly you will get a permit to carry. I’m right on the MA line and refuse to pay $100 for a year and deal with all the paperwork. I just avoid MA at all cost.

It only takes 10 seconds in a year to be set upon and beaten down by an irate southie who doesn't like your parallel parking technique.

does mass have legal concealment, im not planning to carry it on my person there, since id probably be staying for a day at relatives house, but want something in reach if i need it, like a carjacking attempt

can't have anything? even disassembled?

Heck, even the Rev War flintlocks high up on a courthouse stairwell wall were demanded to have trigger locks.

Remember, the frame is the firearm. That's all that counts.

Regards,

Walt

i just want to have anything, longgun, pistol, near me for if i spend the night a leatherman doesnt cut it

does mass have legal concealment, im not planning to carry it on my person there, since id probably be staying for a day at relatives house, but want something in reach if i need it, like a carjacking attempt

what kinda car do you drive??

Depends on the gun, they'd probably let you carry one of these

658948819_1235db0f05.jpg

Maybe not. They probably have a law about carrying a facsimile gun. That one would probably scare someone in that state. ;)

Back