Does anyone have a Smith 360 PD airweight

The 360 is SLIGHTLY better than the 340 in terms of recoil, but I'll say the 340 I had (once upon a time) was just nasty. I fired 3-4 cylinders of 357 through it and it's the only gun I've fired that left my hand physically sore for about 2-3 days afterwards. Although bigger and heavier, the SP101 is infinitely more shooter friendly than the Airweight Smiths.

I have a regular 360 because it has a stainless cyl. That 3oz of extra weight must make a big difference, mine has only ever been fed 357 magnum. It's harsh, sure, but not unmanageable.
When I researched for my 38 snub I rented a 12 oz. Taurus to compare to a 15 oz. Stainless model I was looking at. They were both 38 +P rated. The 15 oz. Was tolerable with the +P, the 12 oz. Only got 1 cylinder of the +P stuff. My grip must have been poor after I put the revolver down it shook uncontrollably for a few minutes. The last 3 oz. Of weight (really mass) makes a huge difference.

The 360 is SLIGHTLY better than the 340 in terms of recoil,

Depends on which 360 you're talking about ... that same number was used for several very different guns. My 360sc weighs 11oz, versus the 360pd at 12oz. I think the grips on the 360sc were slightly lighter.

Back