does anyone airsoft, looking for some input

Sidearm.

I agree, in airsoft ops, the sidearm is a last resort, and seldom used.
I use a gas blowback king arms PDW (personal defense weapon) for my primary.

During the colder winter months I use a G&G raider L (upgraded with an aluminum nozzle, new hopup bucking, and a tight bore barrel.)
Turns 400 fps with .25gram ammo.

The gbb rifle is more realistic, I go in with 4 30 round mags.
It forces you to learn trigger control, and to AIM..

Full auto is fun, and is great for suppressive fire, but if you work as a team, the guys with the higher volume of fire can hold down their heads while the others move into position to neutralize the target.

I can honestly say that VERY rarely, have i needed all 120 rounds, before having a chance to reload.

Before I moved to a gbb rifle, I started out using an aeg and using multiple hi cap mags (350+ rounds each) then migrated to 6 mid caps (100 rounds each) and 1 hi cap as a "last resort"

But over the years have continually evaluated my load out, and adjusted it to fit the scenario encountered.

interesting thread... as I & several of my buddies have carry permits, we contemplated all getting air softs in similar platforms, & doing "real life" training with them... as I was carrying a revolver most of the time, I was having a hard time coming up with a good snubbie...

I'm not looking for full auto, was looking to match capacity, & have to fire at an opponent, possibly while being fired on... I thought it could make a valuable training aid ( I think most would find out how poor a shot they would really be, if they were under fire, when trying to shoot...myself included :o )

real goal here, would be for the good guy to avoid being hit at all costs ( just like real life ) bad guy could be a little more desperate...

anyway, I'd be interested in any links, that would have guns close to the compacts used today... I was able to find a revolver close in size & shape to my K frame air lite, that I often carry... however I haven't purchased yet, a compact auto, like my Taurus TCP, which I find I throw on the belt, when I'm doing physical work, or sweating alot

Back