Does an M14 really "turn cover into concealment"?

Andrew Wiggin: I started using the M14 in Basic Training, then on thru AIT. I was issued a brand new M14 at each Post. I was a young Red Neck Cracker from Okla and thoes two M14 Rifles were the were with out question the finest rifles I had ever got to hold in my hands little own shoot. And shoot they would, I had the eyes back then, if I could see it I could hit it within reason. When I got to Viet Nam the first time I was issued another M14. And I lived with that rifle and it got to be like it was magic for me. If Uncle Chuck let me see Him, even if He was hiding behind a good sized Rubber Tree, He was deffently in real trouble. Even if they were hiding in one of their hard to see bunkers. If You could flank the bunker, by crawling to a position where you could see one of its corners. You could within a few shots sometimes either collasp the bunker on top of them or cause the logs to to move to where you had a clear shot at them inside. Yes Andrew you could with a M14 Rifle, turn Cover in to Concealment, I did it a few times.
ken

Back