Do you wear glasses?

I wear my regular bi-focal glasses and a pair of clear OSHA wrap around safety glasses over them. I don't want my glasses to get dinged ($400/pr). As far as the fogging up goes, there are products that can be applied on the lenses that will stop the fogging. Any dive shop or optomitrist has products for this. If all else fails Home Depot has a product that you put on a bathroom mirror that will keep it from fogging. Being concerned about glasses fogging should not be a reason to put ones eyes at risk. Like seat belts in your car...you never know when something is going to happen. Just my .02 FWIW

I always shoot with glasses, no matter what, I like my eyes. WileyX currently, they're getting a litlle scratched after 3 years so I see a ballistics test in their future.

Fogging? go to a motorcycle place and look for some Bell Helmet's fog-off, or similar brands like fog-free and apply to the inside of the glasses. Or alternately stop huffing and puffing so much. I wear a full face helmet a lot in other hobbies, and how you breath makes a difference.

I use a special prescription for shooting (right eye focused on distance of front sight) and I put Remington amber flip-ups on top of the glasses, since they cost me a bundle. Shooting without eye protection is just plain nuts.

Fatelvis, I went to a cool Optomotrist and he hooked me up with some "Micron +" glasses. I'mgoing to try them out at a match tomorrow. He fitted the arms to put them as close tomy face as possible and to keep them there.

Read my thread on the general handgun forum titled "I had fun until my pistol exploded". I was wearing glasses and would never even consider shooting a gun without them from this day forward. It was no fun getting hit in the face with hot gasses, but my eyes were protected.

Anybody who has ever been around a catastrophic gun blow up will always wear glasses from then on. Truly scary stuff.

The Fix

The whole fix to you problem is use Rain X or an anti fog solution on the lenses. I use them all the time since my eyes have been saved quite a few times. I shoot IPSC, IDPA and hunt allways with them. Really don't go with out them. You will end up on a day that will wish you had them.

glasses or goggles are a must

most of my experience with competetion shooting is as a range officer at the SOF/WC3gun/SWAT magazine wc 3 gun match, and i can say that eye protection is vitally important to one's health and safety.

during the five years i've been an RO, I have been saved from eye injury at least ten or twelve times.

I try to keep as much of my body covered as possible when i'm working or participating in competetion, partly fram fragments, but mostly because I live in southern california and all my shooting is done in the desert.

I'd go one step further and wear something that covers up the gap between your face and the glasses, like a boonie hat or baseball cap. I've had fragments slip in through that gap before, and it's not pleasent.

I bought a pair of Bausch & Lomb Shooting glasses at the 1962 National Matches in Camp Perry, and they are still in use. I thought $20 was an extravagent price to pay for them then! Never leave home without them.

RayB's story about the his cap brim deflecting an ejected case back in the face reminded me of something I saw at a High Power match once. We were firing 600 yard prone, and the ejected case from a competitor's M1 was deflected by his cap. The hot case stuck between his right temple and the ear bar of his shooting glasses. Caused one heck of a scene with him yelling and trying to get out of the sling to get to that hot case! The shooter got a lot of ribbing and a nice burn from that unusual experience. That was the only time I saw anybody injured by eye protection!

Back