Do you really need that rear sight?

I think it's person dependent. I bought a 2" Rhino without rear sights and it didn't work for me at all. It worked great for a buddy of mine.

http://www.darkcanyon.net/Point_Shooting_For_The_Pot.htm

Interesting take on pointshooting from Skeeter Skelton!

"It is harder to describe pointshooting than it is to do a good job of it. Aligning the front and rear sights of the handgun on the target is not pointshooting, and neither is firing with the gun so low that the sights cannot be seen. The expert pointshooter focuses his eyes on his target. The handgun is swiftly raised and leveled just below a line between the gunner's eyes and the object to be hit.

In the lower part of his field of vision, the shooter is aware of the front sight of his handgun, and that it is approximately centered with the barrel and receiver. Using the front blade much as he would the bead of a shotgun, he controls the windage of the shot. Control of elevation, which dictates a high or low hit, is learned through familiarity with the gun and load, a nebulous thing called "gun feel" by some. Knowing how high or low your handgun will shoot, simply by the lay of its grip in your hand and the relationship of your shooting arm to your body, can only be accomplished through many hours of practice and the expenditure of a great deal of ammunition."

There is alot more to the article, alot more and is very interesting.

Deaf

Back