Do you home carry?

Do you carry your handgun on you at home?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewolfe

So, I'm curious how many of you carry your handgun on your person while at home. I know more than a few folks who think I'm paranoid because I basically carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to other than into bed or into the shower. Personally I find it pointless to have a firearm for self defence if you don't keep it where you can get to it fast if/when the fecal matter impacts the rotary air impeller, and so I carry all the time.

What are your thoughts on home carry?

I carry at home, either on my person or sometimes in a holster beside me if I am sitting around watching a ball game or a movie.

A lot of people here carry at home, I expect, and you will also hear from folks who think we are silly and should move somewhere completely out of reach of bad people, like they did. I just haven't found such a place, and I'm not sure they really have either.

I read a post on The Truth About Guns where a guy was talking about even carrying in the shower. Sounded a bit crazy at first, but the more I thought about it...

I choose where I live and I choose to live where I don't have to carry a gun. I do frequent places where it's a good idea to carry, such as local hiking trails and biking tails. But that's about it. The one home invasion in my area last year was a family thing and not a random thing.

Ha ha yes

But, I have an excuse. My CHL just came last friday.... my wife is real lucky I don't sleep wearing my .45.

I am just doing it to get used to it really. Already I can see myself transitioning to 'nearby' instead of 'on my person'

I am sure I will get over this when the novelty wears off.

Last edited:
Carry at Home?

I have one pistol out for home defense and I carry it to the room I'm in all the time. Not on my belt but that pistol is always in reach.

I'm a fast guy. I can get to my gun within 5-8 seconds, regardless of where I am in my house..and my house is well over 2000 sq feet. I can't imagine carrying a gun around my house, but to each his own. If someone can make entry into my house and kill me all in under 8 seconds, then it was my time to die.

When I get home I usually have it with me for at least 1 hour. It is especially dangerous when getting home from the Bank or grocery store. Neighbor was assaulted when they got home from grocery store and I will always be on the lookout for someone following me home.
J

Absolutely. If it's not on me it's with in reach. Time how long it takes to open your front door and rush into the house, you better have it within reach or already in your hand if you want to be ready. It does you no good back in your bedroom or in your safe.

Absolutely. If it's not on me it's with in reach. Time how long it takes to open your front door and rush into the house, you better have it within reach or already in your hand if you want to be ready. It does you no good back in your bedroom or in your safe.

Bingo. It goes with me around the house. Mt house is pretty small. Once in I would have a few seconds max.

I don't (generally) carry at home but any number of loaded guns are readily available throughout the house. I would add that all pistols are kept in pistol safes of the push button combination type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back