Do you find this strange?

I love shooting my .50 BMG, but between the limited number of places to shoot it (particularly at 600+ yards) and getting a bit older, but still wanting to shoot frequently, I bought a 6.5 Creedmoor to fill in the gap.

The only thing that I do NOT like about our .22 shooting...is I have to think up , build and replace all the cool targets for me, the missus, kids and grand kids to shoot at

Kids also have a lot of fun shooting my 45 cal six gun with wax bullets... primers, special cases (very large primer hole) and nearly free bullets...no powder, pretty accurate to 25 yrds... and they have fun reloading them after we police the brass

Couple of hours wasting 22LR playing shooting games and challenging each other beats the hell out of watching them with noses in the cell phone

Don't find it strange at all..
A while back I would spend hours at the range shooting my 45's until one day this old timer had me shoot his S/W 617-I was immediately hooked on .22's through the revolver platform and ran out and bought one..Fast forward some time and that same .22 is the only handgun I own that makes every range trip with me. I credit shooting a .22 revolver in double action as making me a way better shot today and find myself shooting .22 about 70 percent of my total range time...

It isn't weird at all. I find myself using rimfire more than centerfire just because I have a large abundance of them. Although, I never really left using centerfire and use it on a weekly basis as well.

Don't find it strange at all..
A while back I would spend hours at the range shooting my 45's until one day this old timer had me shoot his S/W 617-I was immediately hooked on .22's through the revolver platform and ran out and bought one..Fast forward some time and that same .22 is the only handgun I own that makes every range trip with me. I credit shooting a .22 revolver in double action as making me a way better shot today and find myself shooting .22 about 70 percent of my total range time...

Funny, but as soon as I read about the introduction of the 617 at the "Shot Show" I wrote to S&W that I wanted one ASAP. They replied, with the release date, & I bought the first 4" 617 sold in central Pa., & I can still hardly leave home for the range or the woods without it ! It is always along on any opportunity for a shooting day ! I love it !!!

Shooting 22s is just plain fun. I am currently sitting up a little range behind the house just for rimfire use. this not to mention there are some really cool 22s that have been made over the years so that means lots of really fun guns to shoot.

Back