Do you enter gun give-away contests?

Spent $5 on a gun raffle in a bar in Stittville, NY once, I think the prize was a Remington 7400 autoloader in .30-06.

Damned if I didn't get a phone call a couple months later, I was the winner!

Times were tight, and I ended up selling it to a friend for $350, never fired it. Nice profit though. Wish I could have kept it.

I haven't entered gun give aways. I buy raffle tickets locally. The proceeds help support good causes. Usually, the local fire department, police, or veteran organization is selling tickets. A win from one $5 raffle ticket awarded me a service grade CMP M1 Garand. It was that Garand that brought me back into firearms after a long hiatus and led me to sign up on The Firing Line.

I haven't entered gun give aways. I buy raffle tickets locally. The proceeds help support good causes. Usually, the local fire department, police, or veteran organization is selling tickets. A win from one $5 raffle ticket awarded me a service grade CMP M1 Garand. It was that Garand that brought me back into firearms after a long hiatus and led me to sign up on The Firing Line.
I buy raffle tickets too. Our club range raffles off one or two guns at each of the monthly meeting so far in the last 10 years I have won about 6 guns.

Dummy email acct.

In addition to raffles. Seems like everything nowadays offers a free 30 day trial of a product.
The key is cancelling before the 30 days is up. A dummy email address is helpful.

I gave up on signing up for gun giveaways. I still get eMails announcing them but in 3 or so years I didn't win squat and now I think it's not worth the effort.

On the other hand Camera World is or at least was doing monthly drawings and I won a set of Vortex binoculars that are way nicer than anything I would have put out cash for. Actually I think these are the best binoculars I've ever used... I was hoping that it was an omen that my luck was changing but no...

Tony

Back