Do gun shows have good prices?

Occasionally you can find a good deal at a gun show, but it's rare. Last one I found was a Taurus PT22PLY. In my area they sell for $259 to $279 depending on the shop. I found one at a local gun show for $210. Still new, box and manual all there. I asked about the price, the dealer said a lady put $50 down on one, he ordered it, then she changed her mind and bought something else. He just wanted to get his money out of it. I offered $200 and he took it.

Sometimes...but you have to know values and condition ! Most old guns are over priced.
Newer guns can be deal... I bought a Ruger MKII standard , stainless steel , that was mounted with a Millet SP-1 Red Dot , 1 " tube type sight , and had a trigger job done by Clark Custom Guns...the whole set up was tagged $299.00 . The trigger pull puts a smile on your face and a song in your heart...accurate as the day is long...That was some Deal ! I love this gun .
Gary

I've bought a lot of things I couldn't find locally. Books, loading components, and accessories. I've Only bought one gun at a Gun show. I find them to be generally overpriced. The one I bought was a then discontinued High Standard Military Victor I'd been looking for forever. That day I had the choice of two! and was thrilled to find One!

Loading components were my usual best buys.

just about everything is over priced at a gun show, even a cheap pair of used M1911 plastic grips that I wouldnt pay more than $10 - $15 , the vendor wanted $30

some sellers want $20 for a Boresnake , you can buy the same one at WALMART for around $9 - $10

They aren't called gun sales, discount guns or whatever.
They are simply a place where you can see guns you may not see in gun shops.
For pricing, the internet is your friend. You may find something at a gun show that you hadn't seen before and absolutely must have.....
Use the internet to get the best price and see where you stand.
But gun shows are always fun to visit and see what's out there.
Usually the internet even after shipping and transfer fee is still cheaper.
But don't let that discourage you. Most gun show dealers will let you handle the merchandise even if you don't buy it. And 95% of the dealers are FFL licensed.
The single best thing about gun shows is the selection.....that is if the gun show is in a fairground or large exhibit hall. The smaller ones generally have used guns people are trying to unload.

MoArk Willy said:
They aren't called gun sales, discount guns or whatever.
They are simply a place where you can see guns you may not see in gun shops.
For pricing, the internet is your friend. You may find something at a gun show that you hadn't seen before and absolutely must have.....
Use the internet to get the best price and see where you stand.
But gun shows are always fun to visit and see what's out there.
Usually the internet even after shipping and transfer fee is still cheaper.
But don't let that discourage you. Most gun show dealers will let you handle the merchandise even if you don't buy it. And 95% of the dealers are FFL licensed.
The single best thing about gun shows is the selection.....that is if the gun show is in a fairground or large exhibit hall. The smaller ones generally have used guns people are trying to unload.
LOL. Last time I went to a gun show I was hoping to see a .327 Sp101 to try the trigger pull and feel of one and not one to be seen at the show. Also went to see what antiques might be there and if I could spot any of the Midland single shot shotguns.

No antiques I was looking for and no .327s, but I did see a worn out Ruger Old Army for $1200 and a bunch of worn out, tarnished topbreak .32s and .38s with $250 tags on them.

I left thinking I spent $8 and drove 2 hours for nothing.

Went to a gun store 20 mins south of the show, didn't pay to get in, and they had the exact .327 SP101 I was looking to try, an ORIGINAL M1842 percussion musket, a Burnside carbine, and the Midland shotguns.

I decided I was never going to bother going to a gun show again. Total waste, the internet and/or a large LGS is far better.

I don't go too much out of my way for a gun show, but if it's close by, I always go. I go for the show, not to hunt good deals. Of course, it wouldn't hurt if you could do both.

Never a wasted day !! ... For me

I don't go too much out of my way for a gun show, but if it's close by, I always go. I go for the show, not to hunt good deals. Of course, it wouldn't hurt if you could do both.
The OP asked is you can find good deals at GunShows and by now we have plenty of opinions to work with. I attend local GunShows but never with expectations of finding a great deal. When I do, it's icing on the cake. I rarely buy from retail or local dealers. So one might ask, why go??? :confused:

1) It's a good place to see and handle, the latest and greatest as well as used.
2) It's a social event with some pretty nice folks.
3) I get in free so all it costs me is, lunch and sharing a few beers friends.
4) Gives me and my spouse a break, for the day.
5) Locally, it's the only place to find SideLocks. … ;)

I like being in the company of gun-guys and learning from them. I prefer this day to going to the mall. If your heart is set on finding good/great deals, go to the Mall. … ;)

Be Safe!!!

Back