Digital powder scale

Nathan, bad link. I got my Chargemaster Combo at Midsouth on sale for $299 in Dec 2020. I believe it was a close out on the two piece model (which I never used separately). Looks like the current one is one piece, same price. And a deluxe $430, and matchmaster $900.

For those using a trickle charger:

I tried that method years ago and found that I could use the scoop and tap method three times faster than the trickle charger to bring my scale up to desired weight. I batch load; 50 cartridges at a time, 75% pistol.

I bought a trickle charger and tried it for about two months. Finally gave up and went back to filling a dipper and slowly tapping for the last few grains after my powder measure dumped 98% of the desired load in the scale pan. Note that this is mainly for rifle cartridges, for pistol I just use the RCBS powder measure (small cylinder) after setting it with my RCBS 505 beam scale. Seldom trickle handgun charges, but I seldom run max loads (I will dump/tap max handgun loads so as not to exceed maximum per the load books).

I lost track of the powder trickler years ago and have no idea where it is in my reloading room. I can assure you it is not missed.:D

Last edited:
Back