Did Beretta solve their Tomcat .32 frame cracking issues?

Originally posted by reteach
Webleymkv

I looked up the Beretta 3032 manual and I don't see where they write a recommendation about ammo that you quote. I can't find a publication date on the manual I'm looking at, so maybe it's an older version.

I'm not arguing. I really want to know where you saw that. I have been carrying Fiocchi 73 gr fmj in my 3032 for years. It doesn't get shot very much, but if Beretta says I need to switch to something else, I need to know that.

Thanks.

Like Limnophile, a card was included in the manual of my wife's 3032 Tomcat Inox which was purchased new in February of 2020. While not every brand of ammo I listed is specified on this card, if you look at the published velocities of them, you'll see that all the ammo I listed in my previous posts are advertised at or below 130 ft lbs of energy which the insert in Beretta's manual specifies as the limit for the Tomcat.

If you handload, I've found that the starting load of 2.7 gr Winchester Autocomp under a 71 gr bullet (I'm using Berry's Plated, but the data is for FMJ) is a very nice load for the Tomcat which both cycles it reliably and has very mild recoil.

Back