Did anyone have experience with Korth .357 mag revolvers?

Kurbsky

I am puzzled by the Korth brand revolvers. Besides being relatively expensive, custom and exclusive, are they really much better than S&W or Colt?

A number of shooters on the S&W Forum
own one or more. Try there.

I was allowed to handle two of them, not
extensively, and each time I did not like
the DA trigger although by any standards
they were excellent. But that was my
subjective reaction after years of DA
shooting Smiths.

It certainly is a very high quality gun and
its price is no more than some superb 1911s
turned out by Wilson, Nighthawk, Cabot, etc.

Last edited:
I’ve handled them. They’re good guns. Not better than a smoothed up S&W, but good.
Personally they’re not worth it to me. I can buy a nice sports car with all the bells and whistles for lots less than what a Ferrari costs. But some people still buy Ferrari’s. Korth is in the same category. Nice and all, but not better than many less expensive guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"What is a smoothed up S&W?"

Absolutely heaven. A stoned or broken in S&W action is like heaven. Crisp, smooth and buttery. ;)

I see now, thanks. Smoothed up means getting a trigger job. Their performance center offers packages that include poloshing and some other extras. I am not clear on the value of those other extras.

Besides the Heritage and Combat, I find a lot of the newer Korths ugly. I’d rather spend that kind of money on a Manurhin.

The best trigger I’ve ever felt on a revolver was a S&W who had a trigger job done by none other than Jerry Miculek himself.

are they really much better than S&W or Colt?

Yes they are by quite a bit. People who bash them can't afford one, have never seen one or have never shot one. IMO the Janz is the best followed by Korth and then Manurhin.

Personally they’re not worth it to me. I can buy a nice sports car with all the bells and whistles for lots less than what a Ferrari costs. But some people still buy Ferrari’s. Korth is in the same category. Nice and all, but not better than many less expensive guns.
That pretty much defines what a Korth is: a weekend toy for rich guys. :rolleyes:

These threads are funny. Yes, they’re far better than Colt or S&W. Do they perform better from an accuracy standpoint in most people’s hands? Not necessarily, but they are nicer finished, nicer fit, and use the best materials. Attention to detail is also much better.

People that deny it are generally those that can’t buy one.

Two Shanks mentioned a revolver I had not heard of. Janz.
Wow. I was feeling a little guilty dropping 5 grand into a
USPSA Open division gun----not any more!

Older Korths seem to garner much more praise than today's versions which are not made by Willi; older ones are a joy to shoot.

The Lollar Korths are also a joy to shoot. They are really very nice revolvers. They do make some competition models with rails that are not my favorite.

I agree with bac... Nice things cost more and some peple think that they cannot afford it and try to justify that. $5,000 is not a critically high amount for a middle class person IMHO. I just never handled a Korth and it's hard for me to imagine a revolver that is better done than Colt Python.

Consider that Jeff Besos made $149,353 per MINUTE last year.

What better way to spend your money than on fine craftsmanship, supporting a small business and several families?

Some people blow thousands of dollars a year to put a little white ball in a hole in the ground. It supports the greenskeepers, caddys, guys that make golf clubs, the fella that bought and landscaped the park. Is Scotland better than South Dakota for knocking the little white ball? You never really know until you try it.

I have a premier single action revolver. It’s a gold standard for every other single action I have ever held. Is that worth it?

Long ago, I paid $2,000 for a sheet gun. I shot skeet for two years, sold the gun for $1800. Was it an expensive shotgun? At the time, sort of.

If I had more money, would I buy a $16,000 custom Kolar shotgun? Maybe. How much is it worth to never worry if it’s you or your gear?

Well, if someone spends $35,000 on a solitaire diamond ring at Costco (which is a piece of carbon framed in $400 frame of gold), then $16 k shotgun looks like a very good buy to me. Most importantly - it matters to you and that's what you really want.

it's hard for me to imagine a revolver that is better done than Colt Python.

I know that's true. I have always been a Python fan. It pains me to say so but the Korth is a better revolver. I do think the Python edges it out in the looks department.

Back