Desert Eagle on the way...

• Thread starter Thread starter JG
  • Start date Start date
You have to use that tool the gun came with and push in a little spring loaded pin type thing on the bottom of the grip. Then pull the grips straight back.

good luck!

As for as getting the grips off, I remember that it was hard. There are some little metal rod(s) at the bottem that holds the plastic grips in place.

hogue does NOT send good instructions with their grips.

It has been about 8 months so I dont really remember how i got them off.

Wait, there is a small metal rod at the bottem of the grip frame, I think if you remove this the grips come off easier.

Hope this ramblin helps.

judge blackhawk

Governments ability to control is directly related to its ability to disarm. Judge Blackhawk

Frank the Spank and Judge B,

Thanks for the tips- the info was very helpful, the gun isn't at my location currently, but I think I know what your talking about-I'm going to check it out later when I get home. Thanks again.

The cleaning tool that came with my Mark VII has a small protrusion on the opposite end that depresses the grip retaining pin. BTW the Hogue are much more comfortable than the plastic when firing. The Hogues are not as good for CCW. (just kidding)

Enjoy your DE's.

Actually the reason your model XIXs' are stamped 50 A.E./44 Mag is because all the XIXs' are based on the Model VII 50 A.E. platform(like previous models stamped 41/44Mag). So just a swap of the barrels is needed to switch from 44 Magnum, 50 A.E., 440 Corbon. To switch to 357 Magnum from the previous mentioned is a different matter.

Back