Desert Eagle .50 AE Lots of FTE's

They are cool looking guns, but it is crazy on how many people you hear have trouble with them for what they cost.

You need to check out those "many people who have trouble" and see exactly what they are doing, or not doing. I'd be willing to bet a lot, if not most of the problems are because they are doing something the maker does not recommend.

Think of them as a specially tuned performance engine, made to run on a special blend of high octane fuel. IF, because its cheap, and available, you tank up with Regular 87 octane (and 10% ethanol, to boot) that tuned engine expecting 92 octane and a special blend at that, that engine isn't going to be happy.

The gun needs to be fed a specific special diet (though there are some workarounds) and it has to be "driven" (handled & shot) just the right way or its not going to work as well as it can.

It's NOT a gun made to run on anything and be used any old way, and its not sold as one.

I bought a case of 180 Grain 44 Mag for my DE and it wouldn't eject them.

I hope you've got other .44s to use that ammo in...;)

I run 180s from mine, they work great! They are, however MY handloads, TUNED to the gun, and not factory. The maker has a list of factory ammo they recommend for the gun. Don't expect any thing else to work. They might, and if so, great, but don't count on it.

Back