describe your best ccw handgun

bubbaturbo

Since it is almost Christmas, what would you wish for if you could get some gun company to build your idea of the perfect CCW handgun? (I don't mean a 45 caliber pistol in a gun no wider than .50 inch made of unobtanium and priced at $6.75.) My "perfect" CCW handgun would be probably be an H&K P7 with an aluminum or polymer frame so it would not weigh so much with all the metal parts made of stainless steel.

You already called it. I wish I had a P7 that weighed less. I think a titanium frame would be commensurate with the gun's design though :)

While I carry a P7 and a lighter one would be great, I would really like to see the P-99
in compact or smaller.Wouldn't mind seeing it in a .45 also.
Dave

How about a N.A.A. MINI revolver chamberd in .41 mag with bayonet,laser,and flashlight adapter,not to mention tripod.

G26. 'nuff said. :)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Dogger, I told SIG that 15 years ago and we get the P245. Not exactly what I had in mind.

For me the perfect one would be a Kahr MP9 (small ploymer frame) with a titanium slide.

Another vote for a titainium framed P7M8, that would be simply marvelous, if it'd hold up. I hate to think of the price tag, though!

------------------
With my shield or on it...

.45 caliber, thin as possible. Thumb safety. Striker fired, or really light DAO. Polymer frame, abbreviated grip. Night sights. Finished in some ultra hard finish like NP3 or Roguard. 3' tube. Light weight, controllable recoil due to angle of grip and dual captive recoil springs. High quality barrel like a Jarvis. Thumb safety would be blended so it is not too obvious, only people familiar with the gun would immediatly know how to use it. Mag disconnect safety (kill switch). All sharp edges would be rounded, and it would look really neat. Internally polished, and utterly reliable.

Would have a matching big brother, with a 5' barrel and full size grip. The compact would take the large ones mags, (they would stick out) like the G22, G27. All other features the same.

Desert Eagle 50AE??? Just kidding, here in NM, CCW is illegal. But you can carry it on your hip.....

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

The Kahr Polymer 9mm with Elite trigger
and Trijcon if it ever comes out.

I would also like to see a really slim
8/9 shot Glock 45 ACP - not the 36
which the size of a 19 roughly and only
6+1 shots.

Kahr murmured about a 45 ACP once.

We are lucky to have some pretty nice PDW's available today. I'm entirely happy with what I carry now: ParaOrdnance P12 alloy frame with P13 barrel and slide; Wilson Nite Eyes regulated for 230 gr. HydraShok; Wilson drop-in beavertail grip safety and slim thumb safety. Videcki long aluminum trigger. Factory hi-cap mags downloaded to 10 rounds with Wolff springs. It's light but well balanced, has a great factory trigger with Series 80 parts, and carries 11 rounds of .45. The corrosion resistant slide and pinpoint accuracy are comforting features as well.

For grins, I would also be content carrying a Walther P99 with the following options/improvements: 16 round factory mags, steel sights in the factory adjustable configuration with green/yellow Trijicon lamps without white outlines, keep the selectable trigger but with a SA trigger break identical in feel to a 1911 and DA pull identical in feel to a Para LDA, rated for use with +P+ ammunition. It would make for a well balanced, thin, 17 round package that points naturally for me and is very accurate in my hands. Absent the mods, I would still feel well armed with a stock P99. God bless.

I'd like to see a ppk sized pocket rocket with an EXTERNAL slide stop (ala makarov) in the 9-40-45 class of caliber in an ultra light alloy/stainless configuration with tritium night sights and da/sa capability. De-horned and smooth...

like a DA pocket 9 with the lines of a vecktor??

NAH to HELL with it what I REALLy want is a 5 or 6 shot stainless 45 acp revolver with a 2 inch barrel. Say a cut-down new service revolver or a beefed up j frame or ruger sp101 Am I crazy??

Dr.Rob

Already built it; Caspian 1911 steel-frame 45ACP (going in for NP3 after the Y2K stupidity).

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Hmmmm.... Good posts guys. I like the P7 in titanium idea.
I carry my G-26, I picked it for my carry gun, period. I originally got the G-30, but it was a little thick.

I also carry my P-7

------------------
Go get my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOT%$%F*&$ER"

Back