Derringers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the plethora of "Mouse Guns" chambered in 380ACP, with a 6+1 capacity, and now many nearly as small 9MM pocket pistols, Derringers are outclassed for CCW and SD. But I think they do have a place as a fun range toy, and as a part of Cowboy Action events.
I don't have one right now, but plan to pick up a Cobra in 38 Spcl. Next time I see one in a shop, or at a show, and have a little extra $ in my pocket.

Sounds like my experiences long ago. I owned a Cobra .38 that was slow to action and difficult to hit with. I wish I had kept it as a snake gun but oh well. I carried it concealed in a pocket twice, but it offered little comfort and I've never concealed carried one since.

I currently own a Cobray/Leinad DD in .45 Colt/.410. I bought it as a cheap loaner snake gun for fishing (if it falls in the river I'll stay dry thanks). I confess that it would be far better than a rock for defense, but I have many better options. With buckshot I suppose It would serve adequately for HD, but again there are better options even at that low price. Hell if you're that cheap a Nagant full of .32 H&R mag would be positively potent. And a sophisticated tack-driver.....at least by comparison. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back