Derringers and North American Arms for SD?

I carry a sidewinder 22 mag along with either my BG380 or 365. Sometimes due to dress attire the sidewinder is the only one that’s gets to go. A gun is better than no gun. My sidewinder is decent up close, kind of fun to shoot too. I got the sidewinder combo for $300 I believe a few years ago. You won’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking real hard about a .22 mag NAA mini.

My thoughts are that it's the right size to carry on my daily bicycle ride(s).

I've carried my Ruger LCP a few times in the cargo pocket of my cargo shorts.

The constant - fwap-fwap-fwap-fwap - against my thigh gets annoying after only a mile or two, let alone 30/35 miles.

A derringer? Forget it. I have a two shot .22lr. It's a fun range toy & it does have it's uses. I should say, did have it's uses.
I used to carry it in my pocket in the Spring when I cut the grass.

A lot of snakes would lay in the tall grass & sun themselves. They would get caught up in the blades & I'd have to pop them in the head w/a shot shell or .22 CB cap or .22 short.

That’s actually a pretty good use for them as defensive pistols. Carry them with .22 shotshells in your pocket and you don’t have to go find a shovel or hoe when you come across a rattlesnake hanging out in the yard. And hopefully, 2 shots is sufficient capacity for that purpose.

I still have an American Derringer 45LC/.410. It has all the ergonomics of a lump of iron ore and, weighs about the same.

There’s a Remington RM380 in my pocket loaded with hard cast Flat point .380’s. More accurate, more ergonomic, more rounds, weighs less.

As much as I like the old Derringers, they are just toys for me.

Back