Dentist who took Cecil the lion did nothing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
An egotistical dentist with a small appendage who kills an endangered species does not.

Sure, but what does that have to do with a hunter killing a non-endangered lion with a bow?

Maybe the parallel to people who despise human children and hate on hunters who kill animals which puts fod on their table, so that they can pretend they care about something and feel good about themselves for it?

Sure, but what does that have to do with a hunter killing a non-endangered lion with a bow?

TOUCHÉ!

Okay, fun's over. The thread is going to be closed if it wanders too much farther off topic.

This needs said AGAIN:

People who pay thousands of dollars to those poor countries governments to legally hunt fund their anti poaching programs and encourage habitat preservation.

Animal rights folks contribute nothing

This is generally true. They generally contribute to animal rights "awareness."

In case you don't know, "awareness" is short for putting money in my pocket to show you are aware of some issue. 100% of the money goes to the organization which is usually a handful of highly paid people and a mass of clueless unpaid sheeple.

Here is the latest big poaching problem:

SOURCE

The poachers are now putting out salt pans laced with cyanide to kill elephants. They kill them silently so there is no gunshot to give them away. They are killing them by the dozens.

In the latest case, fourteen elephants were killed and left to rot. The government would have gleaned $840,000 from hunters; and the meat would have fed hundreds of people. However, with the meat tainted by cyanide it is not fit for consumption.

So, who are the real bad guys; hunters or poachers?

I saw a report from conservationists that the fees are supposed to go to that cause but are skimmed by corrupt officials.

Anyhow, I don't see anything new in this but a rehash of silly comments.

Thus, thanks for the info and go back to watching those old coots who hunt for Big Foot on TV. :D

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back