Delivery Times on Tyler T adapters

De duobus septimanas. Here are mine:

GD_Barami.jpg

thinking

Been thinkin' about putting a T-adapter on my Hwy Patrolman. The thread and pics have rekindled the idea....thanks guys.

bamaranger said:
Been thinkin' about putting a T-adapter on my Hwy Patrolman.

As luck would have it, a Highway Patrolman is the intended use for the one I have ordered. A 4" 28-2 to be specific.

It was waiting in the mailbox for me today. Three weeks and one day after I put my order in the mail. Not too bad.

I have to go to work in about twenty minutes, so I won't get it on the gun until tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how late I get home.

I'll get a pic to help you in your decision there, bamaranger. Since it's going on the same gun and all.

It wont leave a mark. The thin strip that fits under the grips to hold it in place is like a soft flexible copper. I ordered one in 2011, and got it in 2 weeks.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, and the check got cashed on 5/27. I'm ordering 2, but hope to see them in the mail soon.

Okay, bamaranger. A pic I promised, and a pic I will give.

I must say I really like the way it fits my hand. Now in addition to looking like business, it really FEELS like business. As a heavy, large framed .357 should.

One of these days, I'm going to get to shoot it again.

The T-grip fills the hand very well and improves control. When coupled with the std Magna stocks, it makes for a much more comfortable hold, too.

Thanks. I will humbly admit that it's a reproduction from What Price, Glory. Perfect size to use as a backdrop for handgun pics I've found. Also useful for hauling stuff around.

The repro giveaway was the string disc.
Didn't want to embarrass you in public by saying anything. :)
Still nice, looks pretty good otherwise.

A man of obvious distinction.
Denis

So I called to get an update on my order. I talked to JR, the founder's son who has taken over the entire business. We talked for awhile about my order, and life in general. Apparently there were a pair of family deaths (one expected, one unexpected) that has kind turned his family life upside down. Good news is, my order should be mailed out in a few days. I also found out that JR is a stand up guy and has a 5 year plan to build inventory and make ordering easier.

I'm hoping they're keeping up with orders.
Sent an MO for an adaptor for a Colt Official Police a couple weeks back. :)
Denis

Sounds like a family business that got hit by a lot. I've been a part of a family business, and it can really set things back when a family tragedy happens. I'm giving the readers digest version, the full version gets even more complicated.

OK

9mmfan

Thanks for the pic. I'm thinking that is the polished black version?

I see your Smith has the full size grip. I have the skimpy service grip on mine.

For 25.00 bucks or so the T-grip should yield big benefit.

Yessir, that is polished black. In retrospect, I should have gone with the flat black though it doesn't really bother me that much. Feel in the hand is night and day.

walking back my earlier opinion

So I still haven't gotten my order that, as of 6/16, was supposed to be in thef mail "in a few days." I've called multiple times, left multiple voice mail messages, and gotten nowhere. Needless to say, I'm not happy. I'm very doubtful that I'll be ordering from Tyler again.

Back