Defensive Black powder!

Black powder guns were used to kill a lot of people in the wars that preceded nitro-cellulose propellants. While modern technology has replacd it, there's no reason why it doesn't work today either. Indeed, we have an excellent example and I thank you for it plom.

you're very welcome 4V50 Gary. Actualy, a guy found a revolver and delivered it to the Police. This is a Colt 1851 cal 36 with a 7 1/2" barrel. The gun match with the one used to shoot the BG. Since BP guns are not registred here it's impossible to find who bough it so the case is closed. :D

Plom your statement in your signature...

Plom is that statement a qoute? If so who was it that said it? And if you did that's a good one...
"If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably
haven't completely understood the situation."

I wonder if the Good Guy's alias would now or have been Virgil Antee.:D

Hi Smokin Gun,, hehehhehe no, this statement is not from me,it's from a an american friend,Brian that served with us in Bosnia. There is often guys who pretend they can stay calm and be cool under fire, then Sgt Brian told them allways this statement to get them back in the real world ;)

Another comment on BP for defensive use. My father in law has been having problems with coyotes messing with his animals on the farm. Recently, he was out with the sheep whilst packing one of my '58s with the Taylor's conversion. Now, it's no longer a "cap & ball" revolver with that on there, but the spirit is intact.

Anyway, there was a 'yote lurking aboust that ended up on the recieving end of a 230 grain slug from the '58, which ended the dog's day pretty quick.

Back