Defense Ammo for KelTec P32

In cool weather, I use the Fiocchi FMJ. In the hotter months, I use the Cor-Bons. Both work well, the Cor-bons are pretty hot.

AL

Fiocchi not only makes the nice, hot little 73-gr FMJ round, but they also produce a hot little 65-gr hollow point round that has fed flawlessly in both my Colt M1903 and my Walther PPK.

Be sure to get *imported* Fiocchi, made in Italy, not the domestic stuff. The US-made ammo is not as hot.

As for me, I carry the FMJ, but if you are a hollow point kind of guy, then by all means try out the imported Fiocchi.

Ammoman carries both flavors:

http://ammoman.com

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Runner,

In this caliber I've always thought FMJ is the way to go. HP's just don't get the penetration needed, especially through winter clothing. However, I just read a review in the April issue of Gun World on some new PMC non-Starfire JHP ammo that might change my mind.

Using a NAA Guardian, the PMC Eldorado 60-grain JHP reportedly expanded to .44 caliber and penetrated 11.3" of gelatin. I haven't tried it in my Kel-Tec P-32 yet but I'm interested to see if there are any feed problems. Plus I'd like to test it myself to see if their claims are true. I won't settle on a round for any of my weapons without first hand testing.

Doug

Back