Deer vs Durango

Olive

You know Olive, the other reindeer, DID seem Depressed! :D

I apologise if that seems a bit to far over the top! ;)

See, they need to add outward pointing airbags to every vehicle in America so this type of thing doesn't happen again. Shouldn't cost more than a couple grand per car. Actually, though, the guy in the picture looks like he's posing for a traditional post hunt victory pose, so maybe he should just put his windshield in his gun case and look for his next trophy.

FWIW SAAB has a reinforced bar across the roof line to prevent this type of accident being fatal for the driver anyway. They actually crash test into a large bundle of wire standing on 4 thin sticks. The "Elk" test came about as a senior manager at SAAB hit an elk and was killed when it entered the passenger compartment.

Details of the test can be found at http://www.vti.se/pdf/reports/S342A.pdf

Regards,

UK2TX

I've been in 2 deer accidents in the past year. The state highway department insists on continuing to mow the browse along the interstates...and the deer keep coming out to munch on the tasty budding twigs and other plants left behind. I wish they'd let the dang trees grow up to the side of the road!

I hit a deer in Wisconsin last November on my way to the Michigan U.P. to yep, deer hunt. Hit that sucker doing 70 mph. My brother-in-law was following and said the deer was going full out and spanned 25 ft. of air when it came down into the grill. Did you know a Silverado radiator is $475 and can be had only from GM? :rolleyes: Took a tow truck and $1,000 to get it drivable. Took another $3,000 to get the body work done. Didn't keep the deer. It knocked the antlers right off of him.

Not even the Premium Brushless Wash is gonna take THAT smudge off the windscreen. Lucky fellow. I would have wrecked big time if a deer fell into my vechicle.
S-

Isn't this typically American, such a big truck to bag such a small deer... no sense of fair play. :D

In my neighbourhood we generally drive smaller cars and the deer is larger, at least some of them. In this small country a couple of thousand moose are killed on the roads each year. This particular moose doesn't look very large, but I'm sure it looked large enough for those who hit it. Sorry about the poor picture quality, it's a digital snapshot of an old newspaper clipping. The caption says that the family riding in the car only suffered light injuries. I guess us vikings are just built tough. :p

Attachments

• moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 86
Someone should say it- kudos to the driver for keeping that thing under control when that deer suddenly landed in his lap!

Coincidence?

I emailed this link to one of my coworkers who drives a brand new red Durango exactly like that one. About a week later, a deer hit her as she drove to work. Equally dead deer, Durango in better shape, and not quite so messy. Coincidence?

My wife, at the time my girlfriend, hit and killed a deer just weeks after I finished my first deer hunt (ok, so I started late in life). She still won't let me forget that she got a deer before me. :rolleyes: :D

Chris

So much for if ya can't dodge it RAM it :p

Shoulda been built ford tough. My neighbor hit a deer with her expedition, doing about 75-80 ( I didn't say, my intelligient neighbor ;) )
Half of the deer went over the top, half of the deer went underneath, and the truck needed a new grill.

hit a deer with my old F250 and the bumper got pushed back into place from an earlier mishap :D

Back