Deer ammo

For long range antelope hunting, I load my .243 with the 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet. Superb accuracy and explosive power provide dead-in-their-tracks performance every time.

Jack

I've used every bullet you list on whitetail deer except the Barnes TTSX and they all did the job ! I do think the Nosler Partition is a tougher bullet than needed for deer from my experience but it worked ! I have some ammo w Barnes but have not had a chance to use it on deer yet ! If I get black bear hunting this fall...I'll be using the Barnes or Partition loads I have on hand !

the partitions and other bonded core or pure copper bullets are a bit tough for bear.
bears are BIG but not tough because most of there weight is fat for hibernation.

for bear use a maluble fast expanding bullet and load velocity down.for instance for a .308 use a 180 sierra pro hunter and load it down to to 2,300fps
the bonded core and copper bullets are more of a moose/elk thing because there all muscle and muscle is denser than fat.

for deer sierra's game kings and pro hunters are fast expanding and accurate

The partitions and other bonded core or pure copper bullets are a bit tough for bear .

No doubt , but I got a good stash of them so I got to use them for something and the fact that getting picked for a moose license in Minnesota is far less likely than winning the lottery ! :D Seriously , I am stoked to see how the Barnes bullets perform even on whitetail deer !

Back