Deciding on second EDC pistol

You have the following:

1xSpringfield XDE 45 Compact

3xBeretta PX4 Storm (I think you have a one each in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP)

1xSIG P220 10mm 5"

Honestly, you don't really need another gun unless it's a very small one such as the Kahr PM9, SIG P365 or Glock 43. I prefer to have at least two copies, identically setup, for every carry gun.

I am not sure why you are worried about a "rotation". Are your guns tied to a carry license in some way, such as those in California?

If you must decide, choose one small, medium and large. This gives you versatility so you can conceal with a wider variety of clothing.

Personally, I'd probably stick with two of the Berettas, dump the Springfield (spit on them!), and add a smaller gun.

You may find it useful to have the same action for all guns in the rotation so the trigger operation does not change. This is the beauty of Glocks, HK P30's, SIG P-Series or P320, etc.

I’m not really worried about a rotation for any specific reason, I just thought about using one of my other handguns as an every once in a while alternative. No real rhyme or reason to do so.

But in order to have two copies as you prefer, I would have to buy another gun and I’ve already stated I’d rather not do that when I feel like I already have at least one or two worthy candidates.

But OK, I’m not gonna ask what your beef is with Springfield but, out of the three Berettas I have, which two are you suggesting? I’m assuming you’re talking about the compact 9 mm and the full-size 40, correct? Which, if I wasn’t interested in carrying a thinner profile handgun, I could’ve just not bought the Springfield as I could’ve just rotated between my compact 9mm and my 40 but, I wanted a much thinner profile compact size which is why I bought my XDE because it’s exactly that and Beretta does not make a single stack PX4.

But see, I do have the same trigger between my Springfield and my PX4s. Well, they may be different by a pound or two but they’re still roughly the same. As a matter of fact, the Springfield is about a pound lighter than what I was already used to with my PX4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love wheel guns as my EDC, this one here is my edc for today. revolvers are hands down the best EDC :D

I don’t argue against that entirely but carrying around a full-size revolver like that isn’t for me. I know there are some revolvers out there that hold seven rounds which would be matched to how many rounds my little 45 XDE holds but, I don’t care for a TDA shot every shot. I don’t mind the first one for safety reasons but after that I want to be able to fire this pistol off fairly quickly if I need to.

I get it, its the same reason people don't like to carry revolvers....the reloading ammo take forever in a delicate situation...not just the amount of rounds it carries. someone with a semi would punch in another mags and start shooting. revolvers are pretty cool and the calibers makes it very favorable for me.

I can respect that. There are a couple revolvers I would like to add to my collection someday but as far as carrying one, I’d just rather have my semi auto. I do intend on carrying my little Pug 22 magnum as a backup just because it’s so small but I could see adding a little 38 revolver into my backup rotation.

But I would like someday to have an ole Smith and Wesson Model 29 44 and maybe perhaps a 5inch Smith and Wesson 500 as “conversation” pieces....[emoji41]

My two choices for carry are a P365 and when more concealment is needed, a Ruger LCP2.
Oddly the little Ruger finds its way into my pocket more than I ever thought it would.

My two choices for carry are a P365 and when more concealment is needed, a Ruger LCP2.
Oddly the little Ruger finds its way into my pocket more than I ever thought it would.
But, but, but....the OP, in no uncertain terms, says a striker, the Sig365 or say, Glock 26 is ever going to be in his rotation...so.......

Can't believe it hasn't been suggested yet. CZ PCR. I have an XD Mod 2 in .45 I'm very, very accurate with. Best handgun I've used in the LE qualification course. I like the capacity, handling, the way it carries. Seemed to the the best .45 carry option for me.

Wanted something a bit lighter but not more polymer. Being a CZ guy I searched until I found a PCR. Its been 3 years now and it still my favorite EDC. The thing just rocks. Get the decocker and grin, send it to CGW if personal preference prods you. I also bought a RAMI (safety model). More concealable but I like the PCR much more.

But, but, but....the OP, in no uncertain terms, says a striker, the Sig365 or say, Glock 26 is ever going to be in his rotation...so.......

Yeah, I didn’t say anything against striker-fired guns, nor did I say anything about buying anything new, but I wasn’t gonna point it out.

Yeah, I didn’t say anything against striker-fired guns, nor did I say anything about buying anything new, but I wasn’t gonna point it out.

But hey, if you feel safe with your Glock, that’s awesome. I don’t care for them, or anything like them just because of what they are. That was the whole point of striker-fired guns in the first place when they first came out was to help folks who just couldn’t master the first shot of a traditional DA handgun, but it came at a price- sure, you had a more consistent trigger but it was a lot easier to have a ND from one. Facts don’t lie. You use what you feel comfortable with, and I’ll use what I feel good with.

Last bolded most important, pf course.

Last bolded most important, pf course.

Well yeah, I had forgotten that I had said that at one point but I was primarily talking about not mentioning those parameters in my opening post, that most people only read.

But yeah, for the record, I’m not currently looking to buy a new gun- and I’m not looking at anything striker-fired.

Back