DC Detective brings gun to snowball fight

"The real stupidity was that the gun wouldn't do him any good. He's the lone black guy with a gun yelling something, if I'm a CCW holder I might feel threatened enough to open fire first. Ditto if I'm a gang member and think his colors look offensive. He had no target, he had no support, and he had a crowd against him."

Mapjanhere I thought the exact same thing when I first saw this. I am by no means a racist but take a look at where he was D.C. where in the past only cops and criminals carried guns. On another board there was a pic posted, it showed him getting out of a pretty nice Hummer H2. First thing that came to my mind was very nice car (more so than what a det. would afford) a man plain cloths and drawing a pistol, and he was african american hell even a caucasian(SP) would make me think this guy was a criminal

Last edited:
I have never understood Fox News' need to lie about even the most easily contradicted things. This was a simple "twitter organized" snowball fight. Nothing more. Fox News has some deep need to portray young or college educated people as the enemy. I guess it keeps their base happy.

That's how the "get off my lawn" folks keep each other in line, respecting tradition and social convention above all else, by making up myths about the young and/or radicals to make them seem like an anathema to civilization.

Same thing on the Liberal side; everything Conservatives do is part of some grand conspiracy, masterminded by the likes of Halliburton, the Carlyle group, Big Oil, or perhaps the Trilateral commission.

Social group cohesion through memes/myths. Doesn't matter if a few are later proven to be false. They strengthened group cohesion and solidarity at the time, and that's all that matters.

Back