Daughter's Speed Goat!

Great work.
And great write-up. Congrats to her.

Everyone on the internet keeps telling me that 300 savage falls out of the air at 200 yards...

Daughter is afield

Congrats to you and her.No shame in staying with the little 300 it'll do the job on most critters out there.I invested in a 300 win mag on the hope I will someday go out west.

Wow! Fantastic hunting story and adventure. It is always great to see more youngins' getting into the outdoor sports. That is the only way tradition will survive.

Great work.
And great write-up. Congrats to her.

Everyone on the internet keeps telling me that 300 savage falls out of the air at 200 yards...

Hell, based on the paper readings of 125 grains traveling at 3000fps, I would be mighty comfortable with using that as a big game round for a long time myself. And I am primarily a black powder and BP cartridge guy. I can see why OP's daughter would insist on using that cartridge and nothing else. Almost Mach-3 at the muzzle, that is nothing to clown at. Use it properly and it WILL serve you in almost any hunting situation.

Rachen, your right, Ive seen in the passed years the game she has piled up with that rifle.
She has a great teacher and has all the confidence in that rifle to hunt pretty much anything...

I'll post some more pictures soon! I'm sure she'll have some more, as we head to Oklahoma on the 17th of this month to kill some white tail with some hunting buddies.

Very nice! I think my daughters would freak if I shot an animal in front of them. They are only 4 and 7 though. In time... I hope!

stephen426 said:
Very nice! I think my daughters would freak if I shot an animal in front of them. They are only 4 and 7 though. In time... I hope!

My daughter told me she wanted to start hunting at 8, shortly after that I had her enrolled in hunters safety, and she killed her first deer at age 9.

Back