Daughter's first deer

Well boys and girls, my baby has ice water in her viens. I am a very proud father. The quick story is, I was the guide she was the shooter on opening day of Michigan Archery season. We were hunting on the ground in my pop up with the crossbow. She had 2 bucks within 30 yards and was cool as a cucumber. the whole deal from the time we first saw the deer to the shot was about 15-20 minutes.........I've seen grown men crumble much quicker than that. She tracked the blood and did very well in that task. Dad did the gutting....she's not quite ready for that job.

Here's the beast and it's exit wound facing the camera.

Attachments

• 20131001_194455.jpeg.jpg
    20131001_194455.jpeg.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 197
Good on ya, Dad! Nothing like being with your kids for their first kill! My next kiddo in line should be ready to go next season.

that's great, how old is she?

she did better than I did. I remember the first deer I ever shot was a Doe. I was shaking quite a bit after the deer fell, I couldn't tell if it was adrenaline dump after the shot or the frigid cold from sitting on the ground for 5 hours.... probably a combo of both.

Very nice and congrats to her.

My dad was a WW2 vet and after the war never cared for guns or hunting.
When I took my 1st deer I was in my early 20's and really wish my dad had been there.
It is a special moment when father and son / daughter can share an experience like that.

Here's a terrible pic with my phone

To answer some questions, she's 21 and was never really in to it until late last year. We got one hunt in with the muzzleloader but didn't see anything.

No, she was not shaking inside.....I was right next to her and the breathing was very normal.

Attachments

• img033.jpg
    img033.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 75
My father was anti gun also. But he was overruled by me, my uncle (a cop), grandfather (deer hunter) and mother (independent thinker).
That is good that your daughter is now willing to hunt with you.
Oh, your second photo doesn't come thru' right for me. I don't know if it's my computer or not.
dc

Tell your little gal congratulations on a good hunt, nice first buck, also congratulations to Dad for taking her.

I was fortunate enough to take my brother, son and oldest grandson on their first deer hunts, I have a lot of good memories and they are priceless.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Congratulations! My daughter got her first last year when she was 15. She is a natural shot, but really doesn't like shooting... But she agreed to practice before the season. She put three rounds from my .270 inside a 2" circle at 100 yds, so I said she was good to go. The next weekend on the first day of the season, she shot a nice doe at 175 yards, one shot, one kill. After we recovered the deer and were driving outta there, she stated "I don't shoot guns...I just shoot deer". I had to laugh at that one...pretty clever.

Back