DA/SA 9mm for IDPA

Try the Baby Eagle.

-All steel to soak up recoil
-Polygonal rifling in the barrel for accuracy
-Big, easy to use sights for IDPA work
-16+1 capacity if you want to use it as a truck/carry gun (though my mags are 19 rounder with the Ext Base Pads from Brownells giving you 20 9x19+p rounds before reloading!)
-Looks very sexy

Food for thought

-L7

I forgot that the platform is based on the CZ75 and has a smooth trigger out of the box!

DA/SA autos are a minority vs Glocks and 1911s, but they are there.
I thought I'd read somewhere that the Beretta 92 Elite (G model?) was also making a good showing in SSP. I thought about trying that gun in SSP myself, but fell back to a CZ 75 SA and shot ESP instead (I'm weak :p ).

I haven't tried this before, but I am planning to take the plunge and try shooting my Kimber [5"] CDP (my favorite carry gun) in IDPA CDP. (If I can find a nearby club that shoots IDPA that is.) I avoided this mostly because 45ACP is a lot more expensive than 9mm, and I don't reload (at least not yet :) ).

Junior phenom Daniel Horner shot a TZ clone for a good while but I don't know if he still does.
Daniel used to shoot a [EAA] Witness, but not anymore. Daniel finally went over to the Dark Side! :p

Daniel is now shooting an STI hi-cap in .38 Super. I got a chance to shoot it a couple weeks ago; that is one really sweet gun! :D

Back