CZ75 opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

paltik

a friend of mine want to get rid of his CZ75,
and im interested. Compared to 1911,glocks,sig,berreta..
what do you think pals?

------------------
REY MARIANO

I have never had a true CZ, but I love the feel of my Jericho. I also recently ordered an EAA Witness in 10mm.

While I love the ergonomics of the design, my Jericho is not hte most reliable weapon in the world. I am hoping that the EAA will prove a better weapon.

The Czs are outstanding performers, not as pretty as the Browning but twice as tough! Better than average accuracy, if yer compulsive get a Barstow for it. Even his Holiness the Guru .45acps Jeff cooper recommends them over the Browning HP, Beretta, Glock and the lesser clones the EAAs. You can fire all the +P+ or SMG ammo you want through the CZ! try that with the over rated SIGS!

------------------

AFFA

My first gun was a CZ-75 with a 3 port comp & Wilson sights, excellent pointability, grip angle/size & an all round "Top Gun". Lusted after a .40 to make major with, so it got the flick & I miss it... sniff :o ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

I owned a EAA Witness in .45 acp. It was ergonomically the best gun I have ever handled. It is a shame that the metallurgy/heat treat is not right on the big Witness.

As I have indicated before I shot about 20K through the gun and broke it several times.

Cracked a slide, broke three trigger plungers, two trigger bars. The small parts are just too brittle.

Never the less the CZ75 design is incredibly ergonomic, and I intend to try the Witness in 10mm this year. I am finally at a point in my life where if I lose a couple hundred dollars in an experiment with a poorly made gun, it does not set me back for a year.

The nine Witness pistols have a good reliablity reputation. It appears not to be a design but rather an execution problem.

------------------
Ni ellegimit carborundum esse!

Yours In Marksmanship
http://www.1bigred.com/distinguished

michael

I have a CZ75 and love it. Mine is the older model without the firing pin block. The trigger pull in both SA and DA is almost as smooth as my Colt Python.

I even bought the 22 Kadet conversion kit for mine and what a blast it is shoot. I've been recommending the Kadet as the ideal remediation gun for LEOs who can't shoot. Oh, the Kadet conversion kit will fit on the CZ75A, CZ75B, DAO, 40 S&W and 9x21mm version of the gun.

This year, as I never regretted buying and owning and shooting the CZ75, I will probably buy the CZ100 which is the 45 acp version of the CZ75. Personally, I prefer the CZ75 over the Sig P226.

I had the chance to handle the CZ75 that Sharon Edington used to win her first USPSA Limited title. It is now in the possession of her father, Roy Kimbrel. Evidently, Merle had bought it when he was stationed in Germany.

The DA stroke was incredibly slick; it almost would have been competitive as a DAO. Admittedly, it had already been customized by a German gunsmith who specialized in CZ-packages.

Even so, CZ puts in a lot of work to mate the parts before it even leaves the factory. They have a nifty fixture that dry-fires and cycles each pistol multiple times (I believe 200) under an oil spray. Now that is attention to detail.

Best wishes,

Daniel

I owned a true CZ-75. Had the hi-caps..... Like a dumba** I sold it (pre '94 ban). A great gun - 100% reliable - accurate. The only negative was the trigger pull. Horrendous would sum it up nicely. Very rough & way to heavy. If I just hadda good trigger job done to it it would have been perfect. Go for it.

........bk40

SMG Ammo!!!in a CZ 75!!!
is this true??
im suspecting that many of my friends firing pin broke frequently coz they are using
SMG ammo in their CZ's.

------------------
REY MARIANO

Interesting comment bk40. My CZ75 is an older one (painted finish) without the firing pin block safety feature. The trigger pull is great. My friend has a newer B model with the safety and it's somewhat rougher than mine, but can be made smoother through a little judicious smithing or use.

None of the CZ clones I've tried ever came close to the original with regards to the trigger. This includes FIE, Tangfolio, Springfield Armory, AT84, Baby Desert Eagle, and not surprisingly, Norinco.

I have a CZ-85. They have now added all the 85 features that I liked to the standard 75. Mine will shoot the entire magazine into 2" at 25 yards and the grip feels as good as a Browning HP. The big change I made to mine was to install a Dlask trigger which converts it to SA only. Since I always carry cock and locked I did not need the DA.

If I had to get a new one, it'd be the hammer drop safety Police model. I know there's the Cz100 in 45 acp which is suppose to be imported right now, and I'd like to get my hands on one. It looks like a very slab sided Cz75. Don't know whether it has the ambidextrious features of the CZ85 (the Brits put out a very wonderful ad for that gun and I used a macro lens to copy it - unfortunately, some swine at the developer for Costco stole the negative). Oh well, I've rambled enough.

I owned a CZ75 in 9mm from around 1985 to 1992. Purchased mine while stationed in Germany...sold it to SF trooper while stationed at Ft. Bragg...outstanding ergonomics...superb trigger pull, both dbl and single action...mine had the flat, parkerized finish...a great pistol, extremely well made from good Czech ordnance steel...only downside were the tiny, factory sights...can't remember any malfunction or parts breakage with the piece...accuracy was adequate for a milspec weapon...it's definitely one of the great ones...sorry I let it get away.

My wife has carried a CZ75 compact as her CCW for the last 4 years. The CZ is a very accurate little gun and has been completely reliable.

Tom

Correction on my last posting. The CZ-97 is the numerical designation for the 45 ACP gun. CZ-100 is reserved for their new polymer frame gun. My apologies to our members & lurkers. Gary

Also got a CZ85 (thats the 75 with minor aditions like an ambidex. safety etc. called 'competition (??)) and have to agree that its has the best ergonomics ive ever seen (so good that i cant hit the barn with it, being used to handfuls of 1911's and bulky SIG). never intended to own a 9mm (other than for LEO training work with the local general isssue Hi Power) but it was a second hand package with the Kadet 22 slide/barrel - agreed: a great training tool (I also have the same arrangement with a 22 45ACP pair in Ballester Molina, a local grip-safetyless clone of the 1911 as described in the 'Bersa' posting.

------------------
Member NRA (life), SASS (life 'El Chimango Pete' #20037), Muzzle Loaders, other clubs in Argentina. Firearms Instructor
On ICQ "Buzzard-Pete"

sold my 75 (early no imp. markings) w/2 fac. mags w/matching sn# to a friend one of the most accurate pistol's i have owned. watched an old boy use his at an idpa shoot(said he owned it 10yrs.never went outside x-ring! no matter the distance at 25yds. cz smoked my full size usp, getting rid of cz was one of non-thinking things i did unless you count me passing up G30 nib w/holster for $400!!!!!

The CZ 75B and 97B are terrific guns. Decent prices, excellent reliability, great accuracy, and eats anything you feed them. The CZ 75B has a long history behind it and many can vouch for its reputation. The CZ 97B is new insofar as .45 production from CZ. I have shot it and it is slick, accurate, and reliable as any .45 I've ever owned. Definitely not a carry gun. House gun, yes. Range gun, yes. Too heavy to lug around all day. Durability? I haven't taken them anywhere except to the range and woods. Got them during good weather only. The CZ 97B has an excellent design and engineering. Both would be keepers.

The CZ-75 is a great design. I've owned a couple of them, and have been happy with both. I bought my last one used (VERY)for a very reasonable price. I don't know what the previous owner had subjected it to, but the springs were absolutely shot. The slide locked back after every shot. The painted on finish was peeling off, also. (Only one I've seen do that, BTW). I replaced the springs and sent it off to Novak for a complete workover. Came out looking like one of his Hi-Power packages. He said they won't be doing any more of them because mounting a Novak rear sight on a CZ involves welding up the old dovetail, recontouring and recutting. This was an early CZ without the firing pin safety; you can't mount Novak's on one of the newer guns. All in all, a very nice piece of work. Good ergonomics, great accuracy and trigger. Hi-Cap mags are still around for a price.

Mossyrock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back