CZ Scorpion evo 3 S1 pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old 454

Anyone have one ?

Those that have one can you please share your experiences with this pistol.
I am thinking of buying one with a brace and a cyclops scope

Thanks

I have one and can confirm that it is a very well-built and fun little package.

You will find that a few ergonomic improvements will be in order - the ambi thumb safeties are somewhat poorly designed and placed, but there are aftermarket options to remedy this. I went with the Parker Mountain Machine left side safety with a thumb safety delete on the right side to make the safety usable and more "AR-like" in terms of ergonomics.

I highly recommend the Gear Head Works Tailhook brace with adapter to use the folding component of the CZ stock. This closely matches the profile of the original submachinegun stock, allows use of the excellent CZ folding mechanism, and sets the cheek weld up correctly.

The Primary Arms 1X with ACSS Cyclops is honestly a bit overkill for the Scorpion, IMHO. I prefer a simple red dot. YMMV.

Last edited:
There are aftermarket pistol grips from several companies, newly including Magpul! Magpul also has started making magazine, at least in 35-round size. I'll be buying a few.

And I put on an aluminum handguard from HB Industries, to get rid of the cheese grater quad-rail. Both HB and Magpul are making a new mag release which I found is a true improvement.

There is a new sliding arm brace from SB which is tempting but pricey.

And a Burris Fastfire III is a great sight on this, for any firing position. It works well with the brace touching the shoulder, which for me puts the front sight too close to my eyes for focusing. Trifocal problem which not all people will have.

Bart Noir

Well I bought mine with the SB PDW 3 Position arm brace and the PA cyclops scope. Red dots just dont work well for me with my astigmatism.

I ordered the HB spring kit for the trigger and the AK style flip saftey.

As someone with an astigmatism I found a perfect way to use red dot sights. I use glasses/corrective lenses. The secondary benefit is now I see a lot better too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And I put on an aluminum handguard from HB Industries, to get rid of the cheese grater quad-rail.

I went a little simpler route to mitigate this - rubber ladder-style rail covers. :)

I ordered the HB spring kit for the trigger and the AK style flip saftey.

I considered the AK-style safety, but am not a fan of how it operates in the opposite direction of an actual AK.

Let us know how the HB trigger spring kit works for you. The stock trigger of the Scorpion feels pretty terrible when dry-firing, but when firing live ammo, I don't really notice or have an issue with it. Accurate hits are pretty easy to make.

Mine. I also put the rubber covers over the cheese grater front end (not shown). Yeti works pistol grip is on the wish list and eventually a suppressor. Not readily seen is a FA binary trigger. Holy smokes this thing is fun!

I've yet to fire it at a target at 100 yds but have all confidence a human sized target in the vitals at that range. Shooting mud puddles at 80 yards hit at point of aim. Vortex Sparc for optics and maybe a light. I'll call it done.

I'll second the tailhook folding set up. Great cheek weld using the factory CZ stock. I'd do that all over again. One of the pricier options, but worth it. Oh, also put on an HK style 2 point sling capable of going to one point. It rocks!

Czech tailhook by Todd Everetts, on Flickr

Awesome looking.
I wear corrective contacts. Red dot still scatters. The Cyclops being a prism is crystal clear

My trigger was pulling at nearly 11 lbs.

So I will put the spring kit in and do a polish job on the trigger assembly. Easy to do if you take your time

Awesome looking.
I wear corrective contacts. Red dot still scatters. The Cyclops being a prism is crystal clear
Well that stinks. I have a pretty strong astigmatism and with corrective lenses it clears up pretty well. I don't have anything against prismatic optics, though having owned the ACSS reticle in another 1X optic I think the ranging lines are somewhat wasted in that they were too small for me to be that useful. I do like the horseshoe though.

My trigger was pulling at nearly 11 lbs.

So I will put the spring kit in and do a polish job on the trigger assembly. Easy to do if you take your time
Also, if you JB Weld in a couple of .016" brass shims fore/aft of the trigger hole and you'll have a pretty decent trigger for very little money.

As an SBR, the Scorpion's off side safety doesn't dig in.

I don’t quite grasp the ‘logic’ behind paying such for a firearm
Then needing to spend more money, time, effort to ‘improve’ it
When for a few bucks more you can buy the superior GHM9
:confused:

I don’t quite grasp the ‘logic’ behind paying such for a firearm

Then needing to spend more money, time, effort to ‘improve’ it

When for a few bucks more you can buy the superior GHM9

:confused:
It's been sometime since I priced the two out, but isn't the price difference more than a few bucks?

TBM, sometimes you find a barely used one where the previous owner has already done much of the upgrading. Works for me.

Bart Noir

Improving the function of a weapon is always good.
Is it nessesary.. no....

The CZ Scorpion is an awesome weapon as is.
But making improvements is a personal decision.
Personally I like a trigger thats more responsive then the stock trigger and I also like the AK style of safety that is easy to flip on and off then the stock safety.
To each there own.

That BT was considerably more then the Scorpion.
I paid under 800.00 for my CZ The BT was I believe around 1300.00

Last edited:
Old 454 said:
Improving the function of a weapon is always good.
Is it nessesary.. no....

The CZ Scorpion is an awesome weapon as is.
But making improvements is a personal decision.
Personally I like a trigger thats more responsive then the stock trigger and I also like the AK style of safety that is easy to flip on and off then the stock safety.
To each there own.

That BT was considerably more then the Scorpion.
I paid under 800.00 for my CZ The BT was I believe around 1300.00

TunnelRat said:
It's been sometime since I priced the two out, but isn't the price difference more than a few bucks?

That was a typo, I meant to say 'a couple hundred bucks more'

But my point still stands.
The CZ with say two hundred bucks worth of upgrades (plus time & effort) isn't even in the same league as the B&T for example. So if one is going to spend hundreds on 'improvements', just jump in all the way, thats my point.

To each his own, but I simply don't get it.

I looked at the CZ's as well when they first started showing up here, I even plunked down some cash and took some home. But when I compared them side by side it was a total no brainer being two-thirds of the way to a B&T. If one likes the CZ bone stock I can see the argument, but as soon as one starts forking out cash.....

Anyway, just my goofy opinion, enjoy :)

8.95 for new trigger spring
24.00 for new safety selector

239.00 for cyclops scope.

I think it was 190.00 for the brace.

No idea what if anything for the BT upgrades. But was told that the BT had jamming issues....but cant confirm that as I dont own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back