cz ringneck

Brutus

Been scouting for a 20ga. with 26" barrels for quite awhile, finally broke down an ordered a new one.
Gun arrived Sat. Got up early Sunday went to the local gun club. First and only squad of trap.
Fired 2 shots from the left barrel and the 2 from the right, on the 3rd shot from the left all I got was a click.
Firing pin appears to have broken. Finished the squad with the right barrel, then packed up and went home extremely disappointed.
Made arrangements with CZ the following day to return the gun for warranty repair. When I received the Fedx shipping label it was noted in the e-mail 4 to 6 weeks turn around time. I'm not a happy camper :mad:

maybe the store where you bought it from could get you quicker service, things do happen but its a bummer when it has to go back for a over month.i believe the cz double barrel shotguns are made in turkey. eastbank.

Yes they are made in Turkey by Huglu, I thought it was worth the risk because CZ was putting their name on it. On researching the gun their were numerous complaints concerning quality control in the early days (broken firing pins being one of them) but when CZ took over distribution it was reported they forced better quality control and the product was much improved.
I really love this little shotgun so I hope this issue will be satisfactorily resolved. Always wanted a SxS just couldn't afford one and this one was within my budgetary reach.

I have sold guns. I have seen examples of brand new guns from every manufacturer come out of the box in non functional condition. Most of the companies will take care of it, with varying degrees of difficulty on the buyer's part. I saw something recently that said up to 40% of ALL new guns have some kind of issue or imperfection.
I hope they take care of you before you get depressed. I know a guy who special ordered a brand new Corvette some years ago. It ran so bad they could barely get it off the truck, and smoked like a pile of leaves burning. Upon teardown it was found to have no - none, nada, nyet - piston rings. Now that's one to cry about. But, he still has it and it has been running like a watch for many years now. S**t happens.

That sucks. I hope it is a quick turn around. It still sucks have to deal with it.

I bought a versamax a couple years ago and it had a bad barrel right out of the box. It ruined a day of shooting and had to deal with a replacement on a brand new gun.

That really sucks, I've had problems with over half of the new guns I've purchased over the last 10 years, from just about every mfg. Ruger, Browning, S&W, Kimber, Taurus. They'll usually take care of the problem if you send it back enough times.

I don't remember the last time...or any time....I've had a problem with a Browning shotgun ...new out of a box...or after 250,000 shells thru it...

( or either of my Benelli shotguns...new out of the box or after probably 25,000 shells thru at least one of them ..)..../ ....or any of my Wilson Combat or Sig Sauer or S&W Revolver handguns for that matter....either new or used for that matter ....)
-----------
Huglu is not a quality mfg ...in my view.../ but I hope they take care of it for you.

Never had a Browning but my Remington 870 hasn't had a single problem in the 40+ years I've owned it, been in mud, water and freezing cold. Probably have over 300k rounds through it without a hiccup best damn shotgun I have ever owned. My Berreta over and under has been flawless as well but I've only had it for about ten years.

Just got my first status update after week 1.5.

"Your RMA is being processed in the order in which it was received. Typical turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from date received. Please allow us this time to concentrate on your firearm. You will continue to receive a weekly status update email until your case is complete.

Once your case is complete, you will receive an email from CZ-USA. Within 24 hours you will receive a tracking number email from FedEx."

Guess there must be quite a line ahead of me:(

That sounds more like a CYA email to give them time in case there are a lot ahead of you. Hopefully not, but they should make things right

i was thinking about buying the newer cz double barrel when they first came out, but i was looking for a round bottomed reviever. the cz is a little sharp on the bottom edges,so i passed on the cz. eastbank.

There are guns made in Huglu Turkey, and then there are guns made BY Huglu in Huglu Turkey. Not much different than Spain, or here, there are certain brands, and certain price points, to be wary of.

Let's remember that Brownings are half again as much (or more) as the CZ.

Even though the guns are not made by CZ, they are made to CZ's specifications, and they have CZ's name on them.

That counts for a lot, actually.

"then there are guns made BY Huglu in Huglu Turkey"

It's my understanding that Huglu isn't so much a company as they are a cooperative manufacturing consortium made up of several companies, independent contractors, and small shops....

i would be suspect of the hardening and metal used in the inards by the small parts vendors, if quality controll is not up to snuff i could see where problems may arise. there is a price point to be taken into account here, but for me i will pay for the B gun and be done with it. but thats just me. eastbank.

I was just trying to state that there is an actual town named Huglu, and several other guns are made in that region/town by other makers than those who build the guns for CZ. Some of these makers turn out excellent work, some seem to have a few issues

Here is a write-up (theirs) about the coop:
http://www.huglu.com.tr/about-us

Here is a list of towns and makers:

Name of the Towns:

Huğlu (town, Not brand)
Üzümlü
Konya (Akus)
Burdur (Yildiz)
İzmir (Hatsan)
Düzce (Sarsilmaz)
İstanbul (Armsan and ATA)

HTH

Well it's been 3 weeks and even the weekly E-mail update has stopped.
Either they sent it back to Turkey or they have so many returns they can't keep up. Not at all encouraging. :(

Back