CZ Rami or S&W sd9ve

1 post by OP, hasn't been back since the day after he asked this question.

But, lets keep praising the Rami. Makes me feel better since i own one! ;)

I had a steel RAMI in .40 and hated it. Just too snappy and small for that caliber... Also, the trigger was garbage. I have a CZ 40B, a SP-01 and a 97B. All had garbage triggers until I installed a CGW kit.

The first thing isn't a RAMI issue. It's a .40 S&W issue. The 9mm offers reasonable destructive capability (wounding potential, etc.) with relatively comfortable recoil across a wide variety of handgun platforms. The .40 S&W offers more destructive capability but that comes with a price. You lose a little capacity and you gain a little recoil. It moves up the line for what's comfortable and a lot of compact or subcompact guns end up on the wrong side.

The second thing is a problem with lots of double action guns, including many revolvers. There is a lot of speculation about why but too few models seem to leave their respective factories with great overall triggers. While the single action of those guns might still be crisper or nicer than your average striker gun, the initial double action often leaves much to be desired. Many can benefit substantially from upgrades and trigger jobs.

I don't think the stock RAMI trigger is "garbage" but if I was going to invest in a RAMI for EDC, an improved trigger would be part of that investment.

I think that's an oversimplification. The .40 S&W in the CZ40B is very shootable. It's still snappy but the larger size of the pistol and the additional weight... mitigate some of the recoil. The issue with the .40 is smaller, lighter guns...

I didn't think I was in TLDR territory there but in the same paragraph I said:

"The .40 S&W offers more destructive capability but that comes with a price. You lose a little capacity and you gain a little recoil. It moves up the line for what's comfortable and a lot of compact or subcompact guns end up on the wrong side."

I also discussed the issue of double action factory triggers in general. For people who are more experienced with CZ products, are they really that much worse than the norm?

Back