CZ Pistols Questions

I did say forum, but to clarify, the forum over at Brian Enos has some active comparisons of the two. Tanfoglio doesn't do poorly in comparison.

It just gals me that the differences between the SP-01, Shadow 2, Accu Shadow, Bull, Orange, TS Orange, TS2, and an AO1...same frame...yet 1,400 difference between low and high.
This is where having actual knowledge of the subject would prevent you from being galled.

Jim

The reason the sp01 costs 650 and the A01 is North of 2K is because one is a factory built CZ pistol, the other is a completely hand built gun from the ground up from a custom shop in Arizona. It's not some parts bin gun as you've said before.

The Accu shadow is a custom gun, trigger work, 1911 style bushing, different hammer.

The oranges are higher priced because they are hand fit and have tuned triggers.

Yep, it's completely bonkers I a bought chip and exhaust for a 50k truck and all I got in return was higher gas mileage and more power, stupid just stupid

I went to the website of that AZ CZ custom shop, and I gotta say, the parts difference between the guns is a lot smaller than I imagined.

For example, the hammer difference between a $550 SP-01 and the $1,200 Shadow is $45. Unlike the AO1, the Shadow isn't custom shop.

I went to the website of that AZ CZ custom shop, and I gotta say, the parts difference between the guns is a lot smaller than I imagined.

For example, the hammer difference between a $550 SP-01 and the $1,200 Shadow is $45. Unlike the AO1, the Shadow isn't custom shop.
Man, you are really confused…

CZ’s are made in the Czech Republic. CZ custom in Arizona is not associated with them, they are an independently owned company. You can send your CZ to them for custom work.
They also buy new guns from CZ, modify them to various levels and sell them on their own site. They also make a single model completely in house, the A01. It is not a CZ, though most everybody refers to them as a CZ A01.
The different CZ models may share a lot of parts but there are clear differences between them and what their intended purpose is for. For example, the SP01 uses a railed picatinny frame. Shadow line has no firing pin safety. Tactical Sport is a Single Action designed for competition. Orange designation means hand fitted and some upgrade parts from the factory. The list goes on.
If you really want to learn about them, go spend some time on some CZ forums.

Jim

Last edited:
Good grief dude, you have ZERO knowledge about CZ pistols.

Give ya a small lesson on the Shadow 2.

The original shadow was nothing more than a Sp01 with a special slide that had the firing pin block removed and target sights.

The shadow 2 took that idea and frame and made changes. An under cut trigger guard, redesigned beaver tail, dust cover and different sear cage.
Slides are also slimmer to reduce weight.

Yes some parts are same but not even remotely the same gun.
Have the same trigger shoe and hammer on both my shadow 2 and PCR, guess that makes them one in the same.

Back