Cz P10c

The original CZ-75 was quite a departure from earlier designs. I can't think of any other DA/SA guns that so effectively allows cocked & locked starts. Creating an effective decocker version, after developing the "B" model was also a big change -- that kept the design in synch with competing guns. (Incorporating the half-cock notch also slightly shortened the trigger pull and improved the DA/SA transition. Most other decockers don't offer that sort of enhancement.

Creating the Omega system, which is simpler than the original design, and which (in many models) allows the owner to switch from safety to decocker (or vice versa), is a very unusual and still unique approach.

Glock seemingly pulled the Glock 17 out of thin air, so to speak and learned quickly how to sell the design. I continue to be amazed by the simplicity of the basic Glock design and that it has so few parts!! I'm also amazed by how simply it can be modified and improved. (That some parts -- like the trigger and the grip -- need to be improved isn't a positive aspect of the design.)

With the right designers, any manufacturer can do great things, and in some respects, Glock doesn't seem to be that much better at gunmaking than CZ. Glock did get off to a to an earlier start at making a striker-fired, poly-framed design. That, it seems to me, is the way all future service pistols will go.

That CZ has introduced so many new designs in such a short timeframe is impressive. I'm also impressed that a company that had for so long been under the control of a Soviet-style command economy system could so quickly, after the fall of the Soviet Union, adapt and evolve to compete in the Western (Capitalist) economic market. That may have been CZ's greatest achievement.
Completely agree! I like supporting CZ, even if there are a few growing pains. I'd rather see a company take some risks and expand their line up rather than just do the same thing over an over and not even do that one thing better than everyone else (not mentioning any names hehe).

Their customer service is on point, too. I wouldn't be afraid to try their newer designs because I have faith that, if there are any issues, they'll make it right.

The P10c ain't my only CZ. My P01 has made a believer out of many of my friends.

This thread is making me miss mine :( It is in KC for surgery.

I was just saying I agree - flawed pistols ARE out of character for them BUT the whole thing is out of character for them. It is not their game, it is not what they do, it is (almost) their first striker fired pistol.

I can’t agree with that. It is in character for CZ, over their long history, to push their boundaries and introduce innovative firearms.

By comparison, introducing a new polymer-framed striker-fired pistol is one of the least-innovative things the company has done in a while. Many companies have already done this, including CZ.

Ohio Guy, like this?

9YVSpXU.jpg

Back