CZ 75BD vs Beretta 92GTS

1972RedNeck

Looking for another pistol. I am solid SA/DA decocker only fan. So between a CZ 75BD and a Beretta 92GTS - which one and why?

I am a super CZ fan. The grip fits the hand well, the action is the browning hi power tilting barrel hood lock up design and the guns are very well built and reliable. MecGar magazines are plentiful and cheap for the CZ variants. The Berreta 92 had locking blocks breaking that had to be beefed up to survive NATO rounds, a much less comfortable grip shape and feel chunky in my hand so I never bought one. I love the 1911s and Hi Powers also but for DA/SA guns the CZ 75 variants are my choice. Also consider the compact aluminum framed SP01 with decock. Excellent guns.

CZ, because they are reliable, accurate, and fit your hands better. I’ve had numerous CZ’s and they’ve all been excellent, I have a Taurus 99 and I do like it but the grip is pretty bulky and just doesn’t feel as natural and I have pretty big hands.

If you are accepting of plastic framed hand guns the CZP09 series is excellent.

CZ has updated and rereleased a newer version with improved checkering and they claim the controls are improved, and the slide is milled for direct mounting of shield rms and holosun pattern electronic sights without adapter plates.

My 2015ish model P09 is the most accurate magazine feed handgun I own, and it is the one i grab to hit the steel plate at 100 yards, and also the one i grab to teach new shooters how to operate a pistol. The grip is thin considering the mag capacity, the sights and trigger are good, and has the decocker. I have included pictures of the p09 full size, and compact model from CZs website. It appears cz has renamed the p07 as the compact model.
b542a6c726e2f6de37234fb497244a0e.jpg
215a05fe7f6a6612a4d0a1c9c9ce54ff.jpg

Both are terrific pistols and IMO it would boil down to which you liked shooting best. I don't own a Beretta but shot one at local range factory shoot day and it was a sweet shooter.

I have CZ SP01 Shadow and love shooting it at the range but I don't like the skinny grip surface to manipulate the slide compared to my other DA/SA pistols like my SIG P226 and HK P30L but that may not matter to you.

Good luck.

Back