CZ 75 vs Ruger P89

Both are fine guns. I would hesitate to call either one a "beater". Having owned the Ruger, I can tell you that it is a fine combat pistol. My friend owned the CZ, and it was worthy too. Either one will serve you well!!! Beater, Sheeeeesh!!!!! :rolleyes:

cz-75 all the way

Just shot up an old toyota truck last weekend with my cz75b. It was so much fun I struggle to find the words. A friend bought one based on my opinion and we shot together and he is tickled pink w/ his.

I have owned both. and can tell you with all certainty that there is no real comparison between the ruger and the Cz75. As a matter of fact i sold my ruger to buy my cz and it is the only gun i don't regret getting rid of because for the same money I upgraded from a ford pick up to a Cadilac.

Just as a base line for fun shooting I could never get the sights on the ruger to line up quickly for an accurate shot and you don't really even need the sights on a cz unless you are shooting out a car door lock at 25ft.

For ruger fans: the ruger is rugged, dependable, reasonably accurate, cheap gun. It is just in a different class than the cz.

a note: another friend shot a cz97 .45 that would not feed a single winchester silver tip.

Back