CZ 75 vs Ruger P89

HKUSP45C

Hi,
Which one is better?
I am looking for a 9mm "beater gun" for those days where I want to go to the range to just shoot but feel reluctant to clean it afterwards. Its not like I am not going to clean it at all but just not as detailed as I would clean my Sig and Hks. I plan to clean it only when it gets real dirty, maybe after 5 or 6 hundred rounds or so and when I do, I am just going to brush the inside a little and lube it. You know, a gun for those lazy asses like me. <g> I also plan to use it for a gun that I can lend to friends who want to shoot and not worry about them messing it up. But this gun can not be crap though because I do want to have fun with it too. So since they both cost around the same, which one is better?
Thanks

LOL! Don't get the CZ75b.
Once you shoot it a lot, you are going to dote over it like a mother hen ;). Don't let the low price fool you, the CZ isn't a beater, just way underpriced in today's market.

The Ruger makes more sense for what you want.

If you really want something to beat on get a Glock 17. Easy to shoot and cleaning is an option. Otherwise get the CZ, it is a much better gun to shoot than the Ruger or any Glock.

The better question is which is better: CZ-75 or P-95. And that's a tough question.

Having had both, I'd probably go with the CZ-75, but the P-95 is not a bad gun. And it is much better than the P-89, a design from which it was derived (with a number of improvements.)

CZ-75

Like someone else said, don't let the price fool you. You may find the CZ better than the HK and Sig. The CZ will probably be more accurate and just as reliable as both of those high priced hype guns. Get the Ruger if you don't want to feel you overpaid for the HK and Sig.

Pilot

There is but one, clear-cut choice here.

The CZ will take it, no problem. The problem is, you will want to get a Kadet kit, too, to shoot .22s on the same gun. Then, you'll want to leave that set-up as a dedicated .22 and buy another CZ-75. Then, you'll want to carry it CCW and end up with the Compact PCR, and...:D

http://come.to/czforum.com

Hmmm, that CZ 75 is that good? I am going to go check it out. And if it shoots, better than my Sig and HK, then I got to have one.
Is there any difference in the CZ 75 and 85 besides the ambi thing which I do not care for? Is that firing pin saftey worth the little extra $$ for? Is the CZ 75 safe though? with the firing pin saftey. Like drop fire and stuff?
Thanks for help so far,

Consider this

No one who has posted here, in my recollection, has disliked their CZ. Most people, including me, are amazed to get this much pistol for the price. And it's a combat pistol. I don't clean mine every time and it does fine.

Hmmm, that CZ 75 is that good? I am going to go check it out. And if it shoots, better than my Sig and HK, then I got to have one.
Is there any difference in the CZ 75 and 85 besides the ambi thing which I do not care for? Is that firing pin saftey worth the little extra $$ for? Is the CZ 75 safe though? with the firing pin saftey. Like drop fire and stuff?
I've had SIGS, GLOCKS, and CZs, and much prefer the CZ.

I now have a very nice Browning High Power, a SIG P-210, and a CZ-85 Combat. All three are equally accurate. (The P-210 is probably MORE accurate at 20+ yards, but I don't shoot much at 20+ yards.)

The CZ-85 has ambi controls and seems to be better fitted. It also has a modification to the mag retention spring to allow the mags to drop free. The CZ 85 Combat does away with the firing pin block, and has a higher level of fit and finish, and adjustable sights.

I had a CZ-75, too, and had both CZ triggers tuned by a local gunsmith. Marvelous guns. The DA/SA transition is far better than for most SIGS. (I also sold a tuned Glock 17, 'cause I wasn't shooting it any more....)

And, ergonomically, I've yet to find a gun that points more naturally.

Not that the CZ needs any help on this thread but I agree. :) I don`t have a P-89 or 95 but I do have a Ruger P-97. It`s a fine gun,it feels good,it`s reliable and quite accurate but next to my CZ-75 it`s like comparing a pickup to a Corvette. IMO as good as the Ruger is the CZ is better. Marcus

I'd have to go with the CZ as well. I've handled the Ruger P89 and to me it seemed a little junky. I love Rugers' revolver's but have not been able to get into their semi autos.

Just got a new CZ 85 Combat

Fired it for the first time today.

Absolutely excellent.

I think you can get the mil finish CZ75B for about $319.00

The CZ design is 'military' in nature; a look inside will show you why it can run when really really dirty (I rarely clean my EAA Witness clones, even after 5k+ they keep running!).

Suggest buying the one you 'like' best.

Well, if you're looking for a "beater" gun, and the CZ is such a quality product, then maybe you should go with the Ruger instead. You may find that mistreating the Ruger is a bit more palatable than neglecting the CZ.

When it comes to 9mm handguns, I have Berettas, Sigs, a Walther P-38, Browning Hi-Power, Glocks and my old CZ-75. I'll take my CZ over any of my other 9mm pistols and even when I compare it to my .45 handguns, it only looses out to my USP-45 mainly due to caliber preference for the old .45 cartrige. It's accurate, reliable, and tough as a tank. Kind of like an AK of the pistol world but with the accuracy of an M-14. Now there's a rifle shooter talking here ain't it? :D

Back