CZ 75 B SA

CZ pistols are amazing.
I have the CZ 75B SA also.. I have owned since the SA became available.. it has never failed me... thousands of rounds through it... eats everything.... comfortable to shoot..points naturally...

I added the CZ custom wood grips.. very purdy.

I also have the CZ Scorpion EVO 3
And I have a CZ Shadow 2 on order.

Enjoy your CZ...shoot it often.. keep it clean and it will give you years of enjoyment

I shot the CZ-75A (if that is a designation) that has a round trigger guard and non-decocking safety. The trigger was wonderful and rivaled only by the Colt Python.

4V50 Gary said:
I shot the CZ-75A (if that is a designation) that has a round trigger guard and non-decocking safety. The trigger was wonderful and rivaled only by the Colt Python.

CZ enthusiasts call an early CZ-75 (no "B" in the model name) a "pre-B CZ-75" There is no "A" model, just guns that were made before the firing pin block was added to the design. The "B" stands for the presence of a firing pin Block/firing pin safety.

My third CZ was a pre-B, and a very early one at that, and like the one you shot, it had a wonderful trigger. Most of the older [pre-B] models were used and well-broken in and most had great triggers; while I eventually bought and sold 5-6 pre-B 75s, only one of those was unfired when I got it, and I only found one other, ver about a 20 year span.

The newer model triggers generally aren't wonderful out of the box, but break in pretty quickly; if you can't wait, and a few part swaps sweeten the trigger very quickly. Some of the newer 75B SA model triggers get rave reviews, fresh out of the box, others seem get only so-so reviews.)

I've had a bunch of CZs since then my earliest ones in the late 1990s; I still have a CZ-85 Combat (with a Kadet Kit, the .22 upper), a P-07, a P10c (striker-fired and much different), and several CZ-pattern guns, including a Sphinx SDP.

CZs and CZ-pattern guns (there aren't any clones available here in the US, now that the Norinco copy are forbidden) can be addictive.

Last edited:
Old 454 said:
Uhhh Tangfolio is a big copy of CZ

The Tanfoglio guns are a bit like copies, but Tanfoglio has made a number of design changes over the years that means they aren't close to being clones (i.e., true copies) of the CZ design.

Tanfoglios use the same basic design and work in the same way, but almost no parts are interchangeable with CZs, except perhaps the magazine. (Slides won't swap, and simple things like pins or sights have different dimensions. Tanfoglio recoil springs will work in CZs, but the CZ recoil springs won't work in a Tanfoglio gun.)

Tanfoglio makes the Witnesses sold by EAA, and nearly all of the guns now made in Turkey and Israel seem to be based on the Tanfoglio version of the CZ design. (Most of these Tanfoglio-based guns were originally made UNDER LICENSES from Tanfoglio, but those licensing agreements may have expired.)

Having owned Witnesses, a couple of AT-84s (Swiss-made versions of the CZ based on the Tanfoglio design), and several other CZ-pattern guns, like the Sphinx line, NONE of them can be called "clones" and none are true copies. Some of them are very good guns. The Swiss-made Sphinx guns, especially the older ones, are particularly good guns.

I have one I bought new in 1995 and assume it’s a pre B. I’ve not really kept up with them in years.

I purchased it to use in IPSC competition and had it customized with Bomar sights and converted to SA only. The trigger is excellent and it’s a very accurate pistol but compared to my custom built 1911’s I would say its a tossup between the CZ and 1911’s. They’re different in feel and function for sure. As mentioned above my biggest complaint is the spongy safety. I agree it feels like an afterthought.

I had thought about selling it but decided I’m going to have it refinished and a two tone cerakote finish put on it. When the custom work was done a temporary finish was done with the thought I’d do more work on it but never did and after many years it looks pretty ratty.

Like I mentioned it’s very accurate and I can’t remember ever having a malfunction. Also they have a good feel in the hand.

A question... can Cajun Trigger be installed on a SA ?

I was told no due to a CGW was da/sa... and my CZ was sa only

What you were told wasn't exactly correct. Internally, the DA/SA and SA trigger systems are almost identical. The trigger blade itself is different, and the SA trigger can't be used in a DA/SA gun. The SA model doesn't have a disconnecter. Cajun Gun Works (or the CZ Custom Shop) can sell you parts or do the work for you.

You need to join the CZ Forum, where experts in all things CZ can be found. Staff members of the CZ Custom Shop and David Milam, the owner of Cajun Gun Works, participate there.

You'll get answer to all of your questions from those two shops or from a number of CZ owners who are very knowledgeable and offer guidance and advice about your 75B SA. You'll also find HOW-TO advice (some with pictures) if you feel up to doing it yourself.

Here's a link: https://czfirearms.us/index.php

A question... can Cajun Trigger be installed on a SA ?

I was told no due to a CGW was da/sa... and my CZ was sa only
I have a CGW SAO straight trigger in one of my 75s.

The easy way is to call CGW. Talk to them about what you want and they’ll set you up with the parts you need.

I have a "pre B" with sights and trigger changes. A good shooter, but I feel like I missed the boat by not getting the short run CZ75 Shadow with regular dust cover.

Back