CZ 75 B SA

Roland Thunder

I am thinking of buying a CZ 75 B SA. I wanted another single action gun but I don't particularly want a 1911 (I already have one) so this caught my attention. I've never owned a CZ but I know people that have one or previously owned one love them. I like the ergonomics and looks of the CZ 75 series. I'm not interested in another gun with a DA/SA trigger. I had a Sig 226 and sold it.

Anybody have a 75 B SA or have shot one that could enlighten me? I am aware that CZ has discontinued them but they can still be found.

They are a nice gun. Stock trigger is not bad, but not 1911 good. I like mine, but it has been cajunized!

Better buy one quickly, as CZ recently discontinued their SA models (the ones based on the 75B design).

That said, it's very easy to convert any DA/SA non-decocker model to SA, or you can get one from the CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works, already converted to SA and tuned, too. Both of those shops do outstanding work with CZs.

Here are links:

https://czcustom.com/

https://cajungunworks.com/

You've got some good options.

Thanks for the feedback. I just took the plunge, I ordered a CZ 75 B SA from Bud's. It will be here in about a week.

I've always admired CZ's and have heard all the hullabaloo, but never had gotten around to buying one, until now. I've always thought they were strictly a DA/SA gun, and I didn't want a DA/SA. Once I found out it was available in SA only, that made my decision easier.

The CZ fit your hand? Not seeing anything about CZ not warrantee supporting stuff they discontinued. Didn't look very hard though. Probably not an issue, but Bud's can tell you one way or the other.

The standard CZ-75b with safety (i.e., NOT the 75-BD) can be carried and started from cocked and locked, and with just a little work (and a slightly larger safety lever now available, but NOT available a few years ago), you could have the best of both worlds: a good SA gun, and the ability to use DA, too.

The frame on the SA model is a little different, and you'll probably like that, along with the adjustable trigger.

The internal parts of the the 75B (non-Omega) and 75B SA models are essentially the same. The SA model has a slightly different trigger, adjustable for take up and over-travel, but that tigger can't be used in a DA/SA gun. The disconnector is removed in the SA model.

The gun you've ordered MAY need a little trigger work, but I suspect you'll like it. Out of the box, a lot of CZ triggers are only SO-SO, but they do improve with use (or, as I've almost always done with a NEW CZ, with gunsmith help.)

Why gunsmith a new gun? I can't stand shooting hundreds of rounds while the trigger improves.

An aftermarket hammer from CAJUN GUN WORKS or CZ CUSTOM will make a big difference, too.

Last edited:
I like mine...... Great pistol for the range. I’m a lefty, so the ambi thumb safety was important to me. I have short fingers, so the reach to the trigger and thumb safety is not as close as a 1911....but still reachable. The stock sights are not the greatest, but they can be replaced. Very low recoil; just what you’d expect from a 36 oz pistol. I think you’ll be happy with your purchase.

My 75B SA is simply the best semi auto 9mm I've ever shot. It's box stock and I have had no reason to change it, and I'm the guy who loves to 'improve' guns all the time with aftermarket goodies.

I picked up a nice BHP MKII a few months ago, but I still want the 75B SA to go along with my 75B. I wasn’t aware of the fact that the 75B SA is discontinued but there’s an LGS here that has a couple of these for a decent price so I might just go for it, I wouldn’t want to touch the trigger on the SA that I recently tried out.

IMHO, a good Hi Power MK II or III, a 75B SA, and a good Gov’t length 9mm 1911 are all fantastic range guns, any or all are worth owning!

This is all great to hear. Do you think I should clean it before I shoot it. It's being shipped to the gun range/store where I'm a member, so it'll be hard to resist not shooting it right away.

The oil it comes with from the factory isn't ideal, but should get you through your range trip. It's more of a preservative.

I seriously doubt any range will prevent you from field stripping a handgun, probably wouldn't hurt to lube the rails and slide contact points.

This is all great to hear. Do you think I should clean it before I shoot it. It's being shipped to the gun range/store where I'm a member, so it'll be hard to resist not shooting it right away.
Yes, I would clean and lube it first. Also gives you time to inspect, dry fire, and get used to controls. I have seen some nasty stuff come from cleaning new firearms and some have been dry as a bone. Less likely to have malfunctions with a new pistol that is properly cleaned and lubed and leave you wondering if there is another problem with it if you do experience malfunctions.

sigarms228 makes a couple of good points:

In addition to cleaning the gun, and assuring that it's properly lubricated -- the stuff on the gun from shipping isn't meant to be its usual lubrication -- cleaning the gun beore your first range trip forces you to get familiar with field stripping and how the controls work.

Then, at the range, if you (or the gun) do/does something wrong, you won't feel liike a complete fool as you try to figure things out -- and you'll be able to field strip it if that seems necessary.

The range is not the best place to start your familiarization and training program. :)

Last edited:
Glade you got it. Lube yes....cleaning is likely a waste of time. They shoot very few rounds at the factory....likely 1.

I literally just sold mine two weeks ago. It really was a great shooter, but I just never found myself in love with it. Not the gun's fault. Really the only thing I truly didn't like about it was the safety- I have felt pellet gun safeties that felt more rigid than that one. It felt like an afterthought - other than that, great pistol.

I recommend some VZ grips for it, they made it feel even better in my hand.

Roland,
If you can find one, I recommend getting it in 40 S&W. They discontinued this last year. The benefits are a full length guide spring with a hole in front of the slide. The slide is a bit heavier with the rails extending all the way to the muzzle.

In 40, a simple barrel and mag change to 9mm can be done making it a dual caliber gun. You cannot go from 9 to 40 due to the breech face.

On mine, I replaced the hammer and sear with items from Cajun Gun Works. Left the main spring original and with some polishing, achieved a crisp 2.8 lb trigger pull. It's awesome!

Back