CZ-527 Varmint or Tikka T3x Varmint .223

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, "The CZ has a SET trigger". Just push it forward and mine is about 14 oz. Holy cow it is fun. Normal trigger pull, and I am guessing, is around 3.5 lbs.

Charlie/Bravo: I can't give you any help on a Tikka HD Varminter, I have never shot one of them. But I have been shooting a CZ 527 HD Varminter in both a 223 and a 17 REM for several years now. And I use and shoot both of them a lot and I like both of them more every time I shoot them. Both rifles with the reloads they prefer will shoot a 1/2 inch or under at a 100 yds without any problems at all. But the 17 REM will do much better, 1/4 inch at a 100 yds is normal for it. Both of my CZ HD Varminter`s are just outstanding, and I use them both for just about everything. Coyotes, Fox, Groundhogs, Prairie Dogs, Jack Rabbits, Rock Chucks, Badgers, and Crows both rifles are just about perfect for shooting any of them. The Set Triggers on both of my rifles are just outstanding. Anything much under 300yds off of a rest, I feel like I am cheating. My CZ Rifles will shoot as well or maybe even better than my Sako Rifles. I am a real CZ 527 & 550 Rifle Fan and I have several of them and IMHO You would be hard pressed to buy a better Shooting Rifle.
ken

I forgot to mention on my CZ 452 Varmint 22lr. The barrel was so tight , had to use a 20 caliber cleaning one piece for. Maybe the reason it is so accurate. Never had a rifle that accurate being all stock. Wish they made a Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor.

It's not really the same thing but have a CZ-527 carbine in 7.62x39 and it shoots great with even cheap ammo. That is what I used to shoot the group in the picture.

I imagine the varmint version in .223 would be even better especially with good ammo.

I don't have a Tikka T3 - but I just prepped my (similar) Sako A7 to put up for sale, and plan to use the proceeds to buy another C-Z.
I have one of those (discontinued) 527 "Kevlar" Varmints in .204, not .223, and it's a shooter. Love the set trigger but not crazy about the "backward" safety.
Back to the Tikka: Beretta - not known for great customer service - now owns Sako/Tikka. And, although I'm no fan of Chuckhawks, you might Google for that site's (controversial) opinion of the newer Tikka rifles.

Back