CZ-52 Range Report (After 500 rounds)

I will let you know. I am expecting that HP back any time now. In fact I figured it would be back before now. I know what you mean about the budget. I went on an all out buying spree when I thought Al Bore might get elected and havent' been able to shut it off. It so happens that around the same time, I started making significantly more money in OT. I think the OT has come to an end and I better get my *&^% together before I get myself in a problem.

444's above posted comparison of CZ52 7.62x25mm vs 9mm is not quite fair. The 42,000 cup in a CZ52 has 14% safety margin by my experiments, where as a Kel-Tek P11 9mm at 35,000 cup has 60% safety margin, again by my experiments.
Also, the CZ52 has possibly deadly failure modes for bystanders, while the most a P11 will do is blind someone without shooting glasses.

But then, before the "Accurate Arms Load Book # 2" came out, the CZ52 had only wimpy published loads.

heres my page,everything on smithing it up to ammo parts etc mods history ammo sources etc .

Lars,

I found your page a while ago. It's a great resource. One of the pictures (the one with the CZ-52 with wooden grips on a white towel) is large enough to make great Windows NT wallpaper, even at high resolutions. I have a link frim my page to yours:

http://home.nc.rr.com/mikepwagner/shooting.html

Are you a gunsmith? I'm clearly not skilled enough to make some of the mods you mention on your page.

Mike P. Wagner

yes i am retired now from cancer/physical disabilities but i had been practicing some 24 years out of my house and a shop as well doing contract work as well.gramps was a cop so i did alot of work for his buddies too to keep it in the family as it were.i just do my bit now to help people along the road to better understand and do theyre guns a favor too.these days i am up north just shooting when i can and doing alot of fishing and hunting.also some work for close friends but thats as far as i go nowadays.i will link you on soon too mike.believe me i hate html writing.anyone can smith as long as you take your time with it and be careful.
i know it can get comlicated somewhat but the cz52 is a great pistol for starters and simple too.look at steyr,the looks on one model i think the gb are extremely similar.the best thing to do is a trigger disconnect and sear/hammer notch light polish and an over travel screw at the least.it really opens these up into a fine target piece.in fact i swapped mine for a 30-30 winchester just to shut the guy up he was so hot for it after seeing me stomp the s+w and glockers one day when it was setup for 9mm nato.im after an feg hi power then a colt 1911 then ill pick off another cz52 for the fall project.

believe me i hate html writing

Yeah, that's why I like your page. When people love writing html, the page ends up with a bunch of doodads and whirling thins, and they forget that I came to their page for some simple information. Your page is succinct and to the point.

Mike P. Wagner

When I was obsessed with CZ52s, I would have paid $50 for a book that had what Old Hawk's site has on it.

I have searched far and wide for CZ52 how to info, and his is nearly the only oasis.

Back