CVA Wolf opinion

Thanks for the link. I just went down to a few local stores to see what common powders, primers and projectiles I should expect them to have in stock.

Looks like i'm down to Hornady SST, TC Shockwave and Powerbelts locally.
Then Triple 7, Pyrodex and White hot powders.

I'm a reloader so it's no big deal working up loads or figuring out which components shoot best for me. Just don't want to be one of those guys who looks in the ammo box 3 days prior to season and realize it's empty and the new components don't shoot the same.

Blindstitch, when I shot a ML (don't need one here in MS) I used 100gr of 777 with a 250gr Hornady SST with a 777 primer. I was getting just over 1" groups with a T/C Omega and a little larger with the Encore that replaced it.

Doyle,
That's good to know. I'm leaning toward the Hornady because they're my go to with reloading.

The one thing I have to wonder is if CVA is exclusively in bed with Powerbelt. All of their videos are powerbelt this and powerbelt that. Then they say something like Sabots are ok but they require more cleaning. But it seems like they do it more like a scare warning kind of saying you will need to clean your barrel every few loads. Is that anywhere true?

I'm more worried about having to shoot a handful of times at a pay range and not being able to clean on site.

CVA is exclusively in bed with Powerbelts because they own Powerbelt. Interestingly, I've seen Powerbelts shoot good in CVA's but I've rarely seen them shoot good in other brands.

Back