Custom Guardian? Anyone own one?

I bought a Guardian a couple of years back. It is a good gun. I thought about sending it off for a carry package but then I thought better.

I ended up doing it myself. I took the gun completely apart. I use a video recorder to document the process. Then I polished every internal part I could. I used Flitz Polish and a felt wheel on a low speed Dremel tool. Next I took a file and emery cloth to the sights and any sharp edges. Finally I stippled the front strap, back strap, front of the trigger guard (which I also relieved slightly ala Bill Jordan) and the front of the slide to aid in racking it back.

Is is a thing of beauty? Well kinda... It works, trigger is significantly smoother. It stays in my hand much better. Hits as well at practical distances as it did with sights. I had a good time doing it and saved myself a couple of hundred buck and a few months time.

Take your time, it is easier to go back later and take off more metal.

I liked it a lot better than when it came out of the box. Almost enough to get me to pass on a $500 Seecamp LWS... Almost. The Seecamp is the only way to go. It is my every day carry.

Back