Current Primer Prices

Here in central Texas our before prices were around 32 dollars per thousand now I’m having to pay 80 bucks per thousand.

I recently bought 12K Fiocchi for $62 per K delivered to my door. No Hazmat, shipping or tax. Shop around, get on mailing alerts and be patient. Leave the drama out of it.

Pre Covid and pre inflation Cabela's was blowing out their stock of Sellier & Bellot large rifle primers for $18 per thousand. While I had no need for more I bought another 10,000 primers. During the early and mid 90s my wife and I owned a small brick and mortar gun shop. My niche was reloading supplies. When we sold the business the buyer could not afford all the inventory. I am still shooting those primers, mostly CCI with some Winchester and Federal in the mix. Despite loading thousands per year I am likely good for whatever life I have left. :)

Incidentally anyone in NE Ohio Cleveland area I will be happy to cull out a few thousand of the S&B Large Rifle for $50 per thousand. I would go 5,000 for $250 if anyone really needs them.

Ron

I just loaded some .44 Mags with 180gr XTP and I noticed the CCI 350 primers I bought back in 2020 were $14.95/1000. An older empty box that I saved was from April 1994 and the price was $13.95. I recently bought 1000 Win LPP/LPM from an independent gun dealer for $79 while the price at Cabelas was $89.

I have a one-lb container of H110, no date but the price was $16.95, In 2020 my one-lb was $26.24 and in 2023 it was $32.99.

I just loaded some .44 Mags with 180gr XTP and I noticed the CCI 350 primers I bought back in 2020 were $14.95/1000. An older empty box that I saved was from April 1994 and the price was $13.95. I recently bought 1000 Win LPP/LPM from an independent gun dealer for $79 while the price at Cabelas was $89.

I have a one-lb container of H110, no date but the price was $16.95, In 2020 my one-lb was $26.24 and in 2023 it was $32.99.
The good ole days

I was fortunate in my timing when i stocked up thousands of all types of primers in early 2020. Plus lots of powder and projectiles. I shot all I wanted to until early last year I decided to slow down some. I got to a point where I HAD to buy primers and powder last November. Thank goodness I got to skip the $200+ per 1000 craziness. My recent purchases have been $75-$80. And I'm not "stocking up," just buying to load what I will shoot in the next 6 months or so.

Though some have reported problems with the harder (anecdotal) pimer cups, NormaUSA is selling Servicios Aventuras small pistol primers at $49.95/bk. I picked up 4 bricks to get free shipping. After tax, delivered price is $53.74 for my locale. Best I've paid for primers since August 2020.
Best I ever paid was $28 was a case of CCI at local gun show for $140, or $28/bk.

Pre Covid and pre inflation Cabela's was blowing out their stock of Sellier & Bellot large rifle primers for $18 per thousand. While I had no need for more I bought another 10,000 primers. During the early and mid 90s my wife and I owned a small brick and mortar gun shop. My niche was reloading supplies. When we sold the business the buyer could not afford all the inventory. I am still shooting those primers, mostly CCI with some Winchester and Federal in the mix. Despite loading thousands per year I am likely good for whatever life I have left. :) [...]
I checked my Cabela's purchase records; March 2016, $19.99 per thousand.
Bought 100k of them at their Springfield store; not sure what DOT would have thought about me taking the interstate home ... :-/

I was just at the gunshow in Vegas . Primers were $64 for small pistol all the way up to $125 for Large rifle . Powders were off the charts - IMR 4064 $400 for 8# . A couple of the pistol powders were almost reasonable but on the whole everything was out of control and this was from a big powder vender not just random prices . OMG and ammo prices ...... thank god I reload . If ammo is going to stay that high , it's still worth reloading even at current component prices . Maybe not at the $50 a pound and $125 a brick but it's not far off .

Yes powder prices are outrageous. Remember when you could go to gun shows and get cannister powders for under $100.00 for 8lbs jugs.

This was about 12 to 13 years ago

Back