Cuffed and Caged for Open Carry

model67a said:
I am from Indiana also and believe that they cannot do this by law.

I believe Speedway's ordinance is grandfathered in. Ask KSFreeman, he's the Indiana go-to legal guy.

tamara

Did they get that settled where they went in to the wrong house , confiscated the owners guns , destroyed them and were still trying to get his prints. Indy needs to be reigned in on what their Leo's can do. Have to start on the state legislature. It said in the state law that with a few exceptions , local government couldn't regulate so maybe Speedway is one of the exceptions that needs to be changed. I don't know how you could be aware of every little town's ordinances. stay safe

jasper

I'm from Jasper. I guess we must be more laid back about these things. Seems like that is the way with most states, guns are accepted in rural areas and not so much in metro. I guess that is understandable. Us old farm boys have been around guns since we were in diapers. lol Southern Illinois is having a pretty good hassle with Chicago and Northern Illinois. They have the Sherriff's behind them now so maybe they will get something done this year. If I am traveling I do everything I can to avoid Illinois. stay safe

Did they get that settled where they went in to the wrong house , confiscated the owners guns , destroyed them and were still trying to get his prints.

Unfamiliar with this matter. Do you have a citation?

Until I had my little run in with IMPD, I would not think there would be a reason to reign in Indy, but now I see your point.:D Gun owners need to organize and resist Indianapolis' attempt to initimidate us.

Indiana's preemption statute was written so that the ordinances in cities with high concentrations of African-Americans would still be valid (e.g. Gary).

Ironically the Speedway ordinance was written to combat the culture of White Southerners who fled the South after WWII to obtain employment in the productive, industrial North. Unfortunately they brought their culture of disorderly, immoral behavior with them and banning "concealed weapons" was a response to this influx. See the opening chapter of Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals for further explanation.

ks

I will find some of the history of the incident I spoke of in a previous post and post it on this thread. This incident has received quite a bit of publicity. The attorney for the individual wronged in this situation was interviewed recently on the Cam Edwards show on the NRA website. I know a lot of the other forums I am a member of were giving it a lot of space. In the meantime you could check the archives of the Indianapolis Star. Have you checked about the Speedway situation to see if it is still active? Like I said if every little community has it's pet ordinance on this subject it would be a nightmare. stay safe

Last edited:
G'day from down under

Sounds really crazy from an outside (alien) point of view??

So, if you live in a town where it is illegal to carry concealled, then drive to another town (or state close by) where it is illegal to carry open, stop for gas, you have to you have to quickly conceal, then you realise you left your wallet at home, so have to turn around drive back home to get it, change to carry open, get your wallet, drive back to the other area where you have to carry concealled again.... get your gas, then finish driving to where you were originally going which is in a state it is illegal to carry open..... then go to the range, where it is illegal to conceal (in the state where it is illegal to carry open)

Then,
You realise you are running low on ammo (having too much fun) so you get back in your truck (quickly concealling on your way to your truck) drive back to the town where you it is illegal to conceal, buy shootloads of ammo, drive back to the range, have to stop on the way to get more gas (its a BIG block) at a gas station where it is illegal to conceal, get your gas and drive back to the range concealled (illegal to carry open on the way) then you get back to the range in the state where it is illegal to carry open, where you are legally obliged to carry open......

Then...... you realise you should have got some cigarettes back at the gas station..........

I FEEL DIZZY :barf:

You wouldnt want a nickle plated gun, you would wear the plating off it.....

It sounds unrealistic, but this sort of thing could happen couldnt it? especially if you live where 3 states have boundaries intersecting and you are crossing border(s) all the time?

Muzza

ding

Boy, your post is about as confusing as some of the laws the anti's come up with. LOL stay safe Oh I forgot G'day mate

ding

I think we should let you explain the laws to the anti's!! Or let them take your assessment of them and explain it to you. LOL!!!!!!!! G'day mate (got it right that time)

In all seriousness

If that situation was to occur, and you forgot to conceal or change to open carry in the wrong place, are the cops gonna go balistic &pounce on you and go purple and veins sticking out of their necks etc..... or are they a bit forgiving?

Muzza

i would have called his supervisor and complained because this is an officer who only job is to know the law. the MN law states it is a carry law not concealed only. this is an option not the only method.

Back