Critique This

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...I crossed into the street..." Provocation of a non-threatening individual. The fact you didn't get shot or arrested by the coppers you bothered means you got lucky. Having the CCW doesn't make you LEO.

The ground belonged to the Mayor. I kept trailers and other stuff there, as did Roger and Larry. About once a week, somebody would pop out from behind something with knife, club, or revolver and attempt a robbery.
Overnight thefts were dropped off there to be picked up later. We've block the road and wait for PD to come after calling it in. Sometimes the gang members would get there first and things would get hairy.

One dude shot my truck up pretty bad one morning. I held fire due to people across the field waiting for a bus.

Cops were about 20' up the street from the telephone pole.
1. BG reaches for waist
2. You transition from behind-the-leg ready to sul

That’s it? Muzzle was never on target at full extension…you only staged in 2 ready positions through entire event?

In hindsight, are you satisfied with the decisions you made, and what changes have you made - if any?
Muzzle never pointed at either cop. Never even displayed until the sudden move under his coat. It was hidden until then.

I'll be interested to hear how this all ended.

Based on the Virginia case law cited by OldMarksman in post 4, it appears that you unlawfully, without justification, threatened two people with lethal force. They apparently could have been justified in shooting you in self defense (even if they weren't LEOs).

The PD said we handled it correctly. They were investigating an abduction and rape that ended there. No crime scene tape anywhere..

Robbery and assault attempts were a weekly occurance there. Slowed down a bit now.:)

Attachments

• Broken Pipe at Shop.jpg
    Broken Pipe at Shop.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 45
Ok, no fooling around.
The real reason he hasn't responded is that the whole story is made up and he's just checking our replies, to make sure we're safe to be around.

Carl, two doors down gave a guy his money. The guy walked out, turned and shot him with a shotgun. Ruined his arm.
RIcky, next door over said I was too violent. He'd help 'them' out. One day, when he didn't have money to give, they stabbed abd hacked him to death. When he wouldn't fit into a barrel they wanted to hide the body in, they severed his head so he'd fit.
Another contractor stopped to use the payphone on the corner. He only had $2.00 for the robber, the BG killed him.
I could go on.
Harry, on the other hand has shot 9 so far.

Doesn't matter how dangerous the area. There are still good innocent people that are around. Like the cops who could have shot you. So unless your in immediate danger leave it to the cops.

Tinner666 said:
...The PD said we handled it correctly...

Congratulations. You got lucky. You could have been prosecuted for assault. You could have been justifiably shot.

Sometimes one can get away with doing something foolish or illegal. That doesn't make doing something foolish or illegal a good idea or the right thing to do.

There's a discussion here about a nice, inoffensive Pennsylvania housewife and mother getting hung out to dry, and facing a possible 3.5 years in prison, for foolishly taking a gun into New Jersey.

There's a discussion here about illegally carrying a gun and using it for justifiable self defense. There have been cases in which the person was still prosecuted for the illegally carried weapon even though his act of violence was determined to be righteous.

If you violate the law, you can not expect not to be prosecuted. Sometimes, under some circumstances you might not be; but you can't count on it.

You can decide to be like Blanche DuBois and always depend on the kindness of strangers, but that isn't well calculated to reliably end well for you.

Posted by Tinner666: The PD said we handled it correctly.
That's certainly curious, since based on your account you most assuredly did not, but it would also have been of absolutely no value had someone in the chain of command decided to consider charges.

Of course, also based on your account, the statute of limitations has long expired.

Looks like we've squeezed this one dry.

As discussed here, our mission is to learn, not sit around the pickle barrel and spin yarns:
Capt Charlie said:
...The potential for the Tactics & Training Forum to impart genuine, usable knowledge is tremendous. Trouble is, lately, it's been only potential, with only a few passing on anything worthwhile....

Bottom line is, if you have something worthwhile to share, by all means do so, but if your only purpose in posting here is to bask in the spotlight, don't bother. If the subject is silly or immature, don't bother. If you're thinking of posting a "shoot 'em all; let God sort 'em out" approach, don't bother.

If you're thinking of posting "screw the law, do it anyway" posts, don't bother, because you probably won't be around TFL long enough to read any replies....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back