Creating A Spreadsheet of Handuns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainstream said:
However, I'm still trying to figure out how to do that. WOuld it just be a regular column with the numbers hidden or?

Select the entire column and then right click on the column and click HIDE. You can still sort on it even though it is hidden

Why don't you just go to each manufacturers website yourself and pull the data. It is silly to have people send you information you can more quickly and easily get from Sig, S&W, Glock, etc. yourself.

"When I want to obsess over specifications, I go to Genitron.com and compare multiple pistols."

Thanks for that. Never heard of it before.

Why don't you just go to each manufacturers website yourself and pull the data. It is silly to have people send you information you can more quickly and easily get from Sig, S&W, Glock, etc. yourself.

That's exactly what I do. I'd rather not add every gun they make though. If most people don't use it, then whats the point? I have posted another thread that gives out the spreadsheet link however it was locked. I can't edit the original post to add the link so I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"And the end result of this spreadsheet will be?"

I was wondering the same thing, why do this, what purpose does it serve?

"And the end result of this spreadsheet will be?"

I was wondering the same thing, why do this, what purpose does it serve?

The point was originally just for my enjoyment. However, now that I think about it someone who is looking to purchase a new handgun could use this to aid them in their searching.

First, keep the spreadsheet confidential with a coded name, so a hacker cannot know what you have. The log from whom you acquired the firearm, it's origin, serial number, caliber and year make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back